• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State - Wake Forest Game Thread

It's not a sure thing, but it's no less of a sure thing than winning this game without taking some risk. We may not be play-calling like pussies, but we're play-calling exactly like pussies would.

The play calling needs to fit the situation. There's no need to be scared of turnovers down three scores. We are probably going to lose regardless. At least try.

Fatal how? A 3-score game vs. a 3-score game?
Fair point. But giving the pack a short field and likely more points is a momentum killer as much as widening the lead. It felt like we were making headway. Getting nothing there feels like a letdown. But let's be honest, down 28 we were never coming back to win

The fact of the matter is that this game was over in the first quarter. Neither Hinton nor Wolford have demonstrated any ability to lead the team back from a 28-0 deficit. The biggest comeback ever at Wake was 24 points.

She might not approve of that nickname...

Prolly not. She isn't terribly impressed with me lounging on the couch watching terrible football and talking about it with my "pretend friends" on the boards either.

Prolly not. She isn't terribly impressed with me lounging on the couch watching terrible football and talking about it with my "pretend friends" on the boards either.

Show her the hoops recruiting thread. That'll impress her.

Football is a game of momentum. It felt like we had it there

Scheir is such a joke. His special teams are worthless.

So apparently this is my fault, I turned the game off for 10 minutes at the end of the first half and that was the only time we scored a touchdown

Scheir is such a joke. His special teams are worthless.

Not really the time to try to roll one.

I understand that Herron and Haynes are freshmen but aren't they supposed to be athletic? They seem to have lead feet out there.

Until Hinton gets hurt again. I think both will get reps all season.

Back