• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA considering freshmen ineligible rule for basketball per 247 Sports

So you should know that arbitrarily forcing all CBB players to sit out their freshmen year in reaction to a handful of one-and-done players does not address systematic problems in education in the slightest.

It's just an OWG power play.

44% of all college students don't complete their degree in 6 years.

And that is sad. I understand a lot of people have to go to school slowly because of finances, but that number should be much lower. A large percentage of that population are students who fail or burn out.

And these kids, the 49.8% of black student athletes, do not fall into that category. They are on-campus all day, everyday and should be given all the resources needed to finish school in 4-5 years.

I like it. College basketball fucking SUCKS now and it's the NBAs fault. Time to stick it right back in their faces.

Anything that gets us to, go directly or two years minimum.

The fact that you think I'm promoting an OWG agenda is fucking sad. Bro I'm getting my Masters in Education and all we talk about is how we can amend our education system to help the underserved. Like all goddamn day. I'm currently writing two papers about it and have an hour long presentation about Culture and Diversity in Secondary Education on Wednesday I'm preparing. With my partner being a HISPANIC chick. Crazeballs! I know.

I'm becoming a liberal hippie educator overnight. I can't help it.

So my point of view on this (admittedly starting out as a simple contrarian one) is from that perspective. While the aim of this goal might be a power play for the NCAA it could actually stand to benefit the students that they are currrently failing.

ok buddy

I like it. College basketball fucking SUCKS now and it's the NBAs fault. Time to stick it right back in their faces.

Anything that gets us to, go directly or two years minimum.

So you should know that arbitrarily forcing all CBB players to sit out their freshmen year in reaction to a handful of one-and-done players does not address systematic problems in education in the slightest.

It's just an OWG power play.

he just doesn't understand anything. his brain should of worked better.

I mean I sort of can't believe you're actually pushing this "NCAA is trying to save the black student athlete" angle.

I'm not an NBA fan, I'm a college basketball fan.

I could see this not being a bad thing. If you don't want college go Euro. If you want college a year of sitting out may help you get a good start if you're an iffy student.

Told ya I started out arguing just to argue. But now I've moved into a discussion about how this could realistically help the portion of the student-athlete population that isn't going to make a living playing sports, and walks away from college unpreprared for thr real world.

High-end players who can make millions should jump at that money tomorrow. Like I said, go overseas and live somewhere cool for a year and make that paper. College is a waste of time for them.

Deacphan really is the WORST example of a graduate of your university. Swarmy ass fake liberal dude who thinks he's saving the world but will only do so in the confines of getting his.

Thinks he's a superior person because of where he went to college. He think he's a chill bro, but really he's just a huge CUNT. Probably married to a similiar cunty ass fake liberal. What a waste of an apparently high-end intellect.

I thought that said "he thinks he's a chili bro" and I was like that doesn't sound so bad.

Deacphan really is the WORST example of a graduate of your university. Swarmy ass fake liberal dude who thinks he's saving the world but will only do so in the confines of getting his.

Thinks he's a superior person because of where he went to college. He think he's a chill bro, but really he's just a huge CUNT. Probably married to a similiar cunty ass fake liberal. What a waste of an apparently high-end intellect.

38b87a49dcd3e1857a4d32ee31e46ac9abc34735_full.jpg

i do like that brasky has now included the spousal smack in his repertoire. adds a little FIRE to his idiocy.

Last post, because I've presented all my points and opinions.

If this new rule was being presented in a completely authentic way, where the only aim of it was to help a large population who is currently be failed by our student-athlete system, would you still oppose it?

No but that's a false hypothetical because nothing the NCAA has done over the past few decades has been in the interest of these "student-athletes," a term they made up in the first place to get around having to pay them.

Last post, because I've presented all my points and opinions.

If this new rule was being presented in a completely authentic way, where the only aim of it was to help a large population who is currently be failed by our student-athlete system, would you still oppose it?

Well then why wouldn't they instead just institute a policy of paying for more academic support at each school? Why would they punish all freshmen, even the ones who have excellent grades?

His wife is actually fairly cool, surprisingly to the point where he likely participated in blackmail or other nefarious coercion to betroth her, so your general take of phan being the worst is likely still right on the money

I'm not an NBA fan, I'm a college basketball fan.

I could see this not being a bad thing. If you don't want college go Euro. If you want college a year of sitting out may help you get a good start if you're an iffy student.

Going Euro is not an option for 99.999% of high school seniors/college freshmen. Perhaps Asia or South America could be an option for a handful of top-100 high school prospects, but not Europe.

Some of y'all seriously underestimate the talent level and competitiveness of overseas basketball leagues, particularly in Europe.

i do like that brasky has now included the spousal smack in his repertoire. adds a little FIRE to his idiocy.

Maybe if Brasky had had an extra year to academically adjust to college, he wouldn't of failed out of Bama and ended up selling grilling aprons.

I'd love to see some real stats on how many of these college players who leave school before graduating without a diploma actually have a career playing pro basketball anywhere. Somewhere in this whole argument between college sports, education, pro sports and the rights of players there should be some serious discussion about the long term well being of these individuals. Regardless of when players enter the pros, those enterprises will make plenty of money and not likely fail. If the argument is solely about the right of a player to start the quest for a pro career, then let's do it like baseball and put the risk on the pro franchises to develop the players in a minor league system without college. Leave college and education out of it. If they want to play college ball, make 'em graduate with something of value before jumping off the cliff. Nothing wrong with a degreed education and a pro sports career if that's what somebody wants. Then it's a true choice for which path is most valued for each player.

Maybe if Brasky had had an extra year to academically adjust to college, he wouldn't of failed out of Bama and ended up selling grilling aprons.

Oh hey another elitist who's entire identity is wrapped in the validation he got as a 17 year old.

I'm sure he's not compensating for how unrewarding his life is.

Not all of us are on the slow march to an unfulfilling death. I'd actually like to matter.

Also point of clarification, never failed of anything brah. Walked away with a solid 3.0 from Roll Tide U.

Last edited:
Back