• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Football 12 - Released tonight at midnight!

Sounds good. I won't be playing again till tomorrow night anyway.

I have pastapadre but haven't really looked through to see how good they are for Wake.

The problem with NCAA is that they overcompensate from year to year. Last year the passing game was too good, and this year you can't do anything at all. Playing on All-American with Wake is nearly impossible because Price and Harris keep getting hurt.

You can def pass. Just have to mix the playcalls a lot more and actually run timing routes etc properly.

You can def pass. Just have to mix the playcalls a lot more and actually run timing routes etc properly.

I've had a ton of trouble with Price and Stachitas. I have gotten used to leading the players with my throws in years past, and it seems like this year, even when the feet are set in the pocket, the leads are waaay too far ahead. Maybe it's just a timing thing.

I think the running game has been improved on both sides. It is easier to hit the holes, and the realistic tackling allows for the defense to slow down a guy and catch up with other defenders. The game overall is pretty solid, it can just be frustrating to me when the passing is seemingly difficult.

Probably just user error. :plos:

Just picked up a 14-10 win over Clemson. The defense kept forcing Clemson to punt and then I hit Y'lou on a corner route and he took it to the house for a 80 yard TD to put me up. The first TD was set up by a long catch and run by Givens. I had some luck with the short passing game and a few runs, but the offense just isn't good enough to have sustained drives like I could do with Skinner and Adams or back in the day with Barclay. Definitely going to have to mix in the deep balls. It was much easier back then to include the backs in the passing game and run play action. Running play action now equals a dead Tanner Price.

So any word on good PS3 rosters? I'm tired of looking at transfers.

Last edited:
I just started a Dynasty with Wake, and I think I'm going to edit Price enough so that he can actually make it through a game without getting injured. I have nothing against Stachitas, I just want to play with our actual QB.

I created me in the Road to Glory. After my gruiling undefeated high school season with a North Carolina State Championship under my belt, I was a 5* QB recruit (#42 overall on the ESPNU 150). I was drafted by USC, Ohio State, FSU, etc, etc, etc. I was completely sold on taking a big name school when another offer caught my eye: Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Could I? Should I? After all, my hometown is only 20 minutes from campus. Maybe that's why they offered? I decided my fate. I'm going to start something big at Wake Forest.

First season was rough. I went 8-5 with a Music City Bowl win over a 7-5 Florida team. Not bad, but at the end of the season, I noticed something. Aside from one blowout loss, all of my losses were damn close. Was this a sign of things to come? My sophomore season started with a 66-7 romp of an FCS school. I started to wonder. A quick look at my schedule would show only two matchups I should have issues with. My schedule was made for a small run. Hmmm. Sure enough, I am sitting 12-0 heading to the ACC Championship Game to face 11-1 Virginia Tech. I am ranked third in the nation at this point. Only one more rankings will come out before they announce the National Championship Game. Above me is #1 Auburn who has to play Georgia in the SEC Championship Game. Sitting at #2 is Iowa who needs to play Wisconsin in the newly formed Big X Championship Game. I would need one of them to lose to play in the National Championship Game or it would be Orange Bowl bound for me, against West Virginia, nonetheless. Sure enough, Iowa chokes against Wisconsin and I am heading to the NC game.

Championship Game: Auburn vs Wake Forest.
Auburn is up by 14 at the start of the fourth quarter. I quickly score with just under 5 minutes to play. I stop Auburn on 3rd and long and with 3:30 to play, I scored again to tie the game up. Once again, I quickly stop Auburn on 3 and out and on my next possession, throw an 80 yard bomb down field for a touchdown with 2:17 to play and now I'm up by 7. Auburn proceeds to mark down field and tie the game up with just under 40 seconds. Coach wants to run the clock out and take this into overtime. Blasphemy. I suggest plays to coach and mark us down field. With :25 seconds left, I throw a 31 yard touchdown pass to go up by 7! Wake Forest… National Champions!!! [whistles] Not so fast, my friend. Auburn is not done. With 8 seconds left, Auburn throws a 72 yard touchdown pass to tie the game up. We’re going into overtime. Wake Forest wins the coin toss and elects to go on defense. Auburn wastes no time showing me that I’m going to need a touchdown. On my overtime possession, I am sacked twice on my way to a 4th and 24. Do I have one more ‘Cinderella story’ left? Nope. Sacked again. Ball game.

I'm currently 5-0 in my junior year and on the Heisman watch list.

I'm gonna start one as a dc at wake because I think I will be much more successful that way and can work my way to a head coach.

Also, if anybody wants to play a ranked game later I'll be on. I get tired of playing against people that only want to be LSU

I'll be playing on ps3 late tonight if anybody wants a game. My id is reflection27.

Reading this thread makes me depressed for our actual football season.

Back