• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ncaa tourney thread--the refs fubar

What a shift in momentum here. I have BYU going at least one more round if they win. I don't think Ole Miss wins another game so I will have to change my bracket if this holds.

Not a shred of conscience to be found in Dayton right now. YOLO all around.

Hard to believe that byu let this game slip. What a terrible half of defense. They are going to end up giving up almost 60 points in a half.

I like watching these first four games. Look forward to Dayton/Boise tomorrow. I haven't gotten to see much of Boise but Marks is supposedly unreal. It's like getting to open one small present on Christmas Eve.

I'm revising my Gonzaga to the Final Four pick after that showing by BYU. I'm thinking Gonzaga goes down to ISU in the Sweet 16 now.

Last edited:
BYU would be solid if they had a serviceable big. And ironically they had a good freshman big last year (Mika) but he had to get shipped off on a mission lol

Where would Hampton over Kentucky rank on biggest sports upsets of all time in any sport?

Might be the one that moves NAIA Chaminade over #1 Virginia, led by Ralph Sampson, to second place.

Hard to believe that 2 Division I teams might be a bigger mis-match then an NAIA school (at the time) was against UVa back then, but Hampton v. Kentucky is probably a bigger mismatch.

I still think Chaminade over UVA was a bigger upset. You can't really compare an NAIA team beating the best team in the country to another D1 team beating another D1 team. That being said, the fact that this is in the tournament and that was (basically) a preseason game would put it in a special category.

I like watching these first four games. Look forward to Dayton/Boise tomorrow. I haven't gotten to see much of Boise but Marks is supposedly unreal. It's like getting to open one small present on Christmas Eve.

Interested to see how he does. He played really poorly against NCSU earlier in the season and didn't seem to be anything special. Will be interesting to see if that was an aberration or if he is just feasting on crappy competition.

Back