• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAF Coaching Carousel

I disagree. There remains a barrier for the elite jobs. Interestingly the south has seen a considerable number of black head coaches while the northeast, Midwest and west coast have lagged behind. The places I notice most are at the flag ship universities.

I recognize Ty Willingham at Notre Dame was an elite school hiring of a minority.

And he was their second choice after a lot of pressure.

There has been a solid increase in the hiring of black coaches over the last decade. The NCAA needs to keep up the pace.

Sources telling us that Jeff Monken will accept the Army head job

Makes much more sense than Grobe, who's track record at Wake doesn't suggest that he would be successful against Navy (which is priority #1 at this point). And, forget his credentials on defending the option (1-4 against Navy, 2-0 against Army but the first one was a high scoring affair, and 0-2 against PJ at GT), the option didn't exactly go well for us on the other side of the ball this year.

Muschamp hired the Duke OC. He wasn't going to get anyone worth a shit in their situation.

Hold on Cheese, he hasn't offered the job to him just yet.

Lobo is the real mastermind. They should just take him.

lel8h.jpg

How about replace a couple of those with not get fired or make a bowl game?

And he was their second choice after a lot of pressure.

There has been a solid increase in the hiring of black coaches over the last decade. The NCAA needs to keep up the pace.

Agree 100%

Muschamp hired the Duke OC. He wasn't going to get anyone worth a shit in their situation.

Yep- Cut at dook needs a new OC. We'll see what offense they put on the field next year. Time for Coach Claws to start a new multi-year win streak against them!

Former Wake assistant coach Tim Billings has been let go by Memphis.

Tweet from @footballscoop

"This probably will shock nobody; but heard recently that the Lions have spoken (thru 3rd party) with Bill O’Brien."

According to Schefter & Mortensen (ESPN), Bill O'Brien is currently the "overwhelming favorite" to land the Texans gig.

Back