• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAF Coaching Carousel

Some speculating Oregeron will end up at Bama too as DL coach. That's be a good hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

#sloppyseconds

Vandy has retained Dan Parker's firm to assist in their search & beside internal candidates Bob Shoop & Herb Hand, they are looking at Derek Mason of Stanford.

UVa will hill hire Buffalo DL coach Jappy Oliver as their new defensive line coach

"Bob Shoop & Herb Hand" sound like a songwriting duo.

Vandy has retained Dan Parker's firm to assist in their search & beside internal candidates Bob Shoop & Herb Hand, they are looking at Derek Mason of Stanford.

UVa will hill hire Buffalo DL coach Jappy Oliver as their new defensive line coach

#shoopreff

And just announced. Lobo didn't get the job. Lost out to the current WSSU DC. You can't make this shit up.

let's be honest, has there ever been a white coach at WSSU or an HBCU? Maybe, but it's not that common. Lobo was their answer to the Rooney rule. I'm no fan of the guy but not getting the WSSU job isn't that much of an indictment on him.

let's be honest, has there ever been a white coach at WSSU or an HBCU? Maybe, but it's not that common. Lobo was their answer to the Rooney rule. I'm no fan of the guy but not getting the WSSU job isn't that much of an indictment on him.

It's not football, but Steve Merfeld (a white guy) coached HBCU Hampton to the NCAAs in 2001 and 2002 (including the 2/15 upset of Iowa State). He parlayed his success at Hampton to the Evansville job (where he got fired after 5 years). Merfled is now the top assistant at Creighton. So, while its unusual, it's not unheard of for an HBCU to have a white coach.

From what I remember, there have been a few white head coaches at HBCUs. Not many but a few. I'm sure Google can help you find more information.

Not much to see here though. A guy without a job applied for a job that wouldn't require him to uproot his family. He didn't get it.

Happens everyday in America.

fwiw- HBCU Alcorn State hired their first white HC last season. What's news about this is the fact that you have a coach with over a decades worth of OC experience at a BCS program applying for a lower tier job and getting beat out by a Div II or III DC.

Back