• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAF Coaching Carousel

no way in hell FSU forced him out for banging a few broads. He may have wanted a clean start to get his life together or something, but FSU didn't force him out.

You don't usually double your salary in those cases either.

You don't usually double your salary in those cases either.

agreed. I think he was just taking a step up in career/pay. This silly talk about banging a few co-eds is SOP and in no way led to him leaving

We definitely didn't force him out. We actually matched the 850! Like I said, his fiance and Jeremy wanted out of Tally.

Last edited:
We definitely didn't force him out. We actually matched the 850! Like I said, his fiance and Jeremy wanted out of Tally.

I misread what you said then...I thought you meant FSU forced him out over this.. I am assuming the "family" wanted a fresh start in a new town. Gotcha

agreed. I think he was just taking a step up in career/pay. This silly talk about banging a few co-eds is SOP and in no way led to him leaving

This is definitely not a step up in career. He just won a damn NC at his current position and left to take the same position elsewhere. A step up in career would be a HC position.

I shit you not that a UGA fan just called into the radio here and said "If Pruitt can win a title in Tally, imagine what he can do with the talent in athens." lol

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is interviewing today for the Vanderbilt head coaching job, per league sources.

Hasn't Jimbo lost a lot of assistants the past two years? If so, I would say this might be more about Jimbo than anything else.

Vandy hired Stanford's DC Derek Mason. They reportedly offered the position to Colts' OC Pep Hamilton, but he turned it down.

Vandy hired Stanford's DC Derek Mason. They reportedly offered the position to Colts' OC Pep Hamilton, but he turned it down.

Mason is really highly regarded. A ton of NFL teams consulted with him during the off-season seeking for ways to stop the spread offense. Over the past few years, no one has been better at shutting down Oregon than Stanford. Tough for ADs to hire DCs as head coaches because the public prefers offense, but Mason knows defense. With that said, it sounds like their recruiting class has been wrecked by the timing of the Franklin departure, the time it took to find a replacement and the raiding of the Vandy commits, and there will not be much time to salvage the 2014 class before signing day.

I think that Franklin took Vandy as far as it will ever go. It wasn't, nor will get any better for them. For us, we might not surpass '06, we just want to surpass '13.

Most Vandy fans would be fine staying at 8-9 wins every year. Actually insert the vast majority of schools for Vandy.

Given the direction of SEC offenses, hiring a defense with a track record of elite defenses is a good plan.

If he succeeds, he'll be gone to the NFL in three years. But for Vandy that's a good problem to have.

If he's tries to replicate Stanford's formula, it'll be interesting to see if Vandy can similarly recruit nationally

Clemson extends Dabo for 8 years. $27.15 million, fully guaranteed if fired anytime during first three years.

Back