• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCSU Game Nov 11 2:00 CW

Duke's 3rd stringer looks far superior to anything we have on staff. Why is that?

Guys, something is broken. Seriously broken. I get NIL and all the other horse shit but this kid is not making $500K to play 3rd string for Duke.

Clawson seems to recognize that Wake has to do something special and extra to get an edge but that doesn’t include fake punts or trick plays.

Well Duke’s 3rd string QB just led what could be the game winning drive.
What, 3rd string QB, game winning drive, never!!!

Clawson seems to recognize that Wake has to do something special and extra to get an edge but that doesn’t include fake punts or trick plays.

...or really anything else.

Today Kern rolls out twice with success. If Mitch is best in practice it makes no sense why we see this twice today and never from Mitch.

When Clawson calls a WR handoff a "trick play" (TD scored vs FSU), you know we're in trouble with creativity.

In today’s game I’m just not convinced that we have to be the developmental program that Clawson is attached to. 20 years ago? Sure. But today we are on TV all the time. We have great facilities. We have NIL. We have recent success both in wins and putting people in the NFL. We aren’t a damn FCS program. We aren’t a G5 program. Act like we’re big time because, in the grand scheme of things, we actually are.

Hey, should we offer Loftis an NIL? Or will Duke elevate him? (Other 2 QBs coming back.)

In today’s game I’m just not convinced that we have to be the developmental program that Clawson is attached to. 20 years ago? Sure. But today we are on TV all the time. We have great facilities. We have NIL. We have recent success both in wins and putting people in the NFL. We aren’t a damn FCS program. We aren’t a G5 program. Act like we’re big time because, in the grand scheme of things, we actually are.
Elko/Duke has.

(Only lost to UNC on 2 bad calls, bogus holding on Duke and not reviewing UNC catch that would have been an INT.)

Last edited:
I hear you, but we’re never going to be able to recruit the quantity of top recruits Big State U. schools will and I don’t think we’re going to be able to offer the NIL dollars a lot of other schools can. Doesn’t mean we can’t compete, but we’re behind the 8 ball to an extent. Maybe not as much as we used to be, but still at some disadvantages.

Clawson didn't say, and wasn't asked, why he started Mitch today. I really don't understand how he was OK giving him one more snap this season after the Duke game.

Just shockingly bad QB management this season, after two seasons of an elite passing offense.

Clawson didn't say, and wasn't asked, why he started Mitch today. I really don't understand how he was OK giving him one more snap this season after the Duke game.

Just shockingly bad QB management this season, after two seasons of an elite passing offense.
Did you hear he was supposed to be the next John Wolford?

Elko/Duke has.

(Only lost to UNC on to bad calls, bogus holding on Duke and not reviewing UNC catch that would have been an INT.)
They should have reviewed that UNC catch but it was not an int... The receiver hit the ground before Duke ever grabbed the ball, so he was down. Maybe they could have decided the ball was moving so it was incomplete, but not an int...

They should have reviewed that UNC catch but it was not an int... The receiver hit the ground before Duke ever grabbed the ball, so he was down. Maybe they could have decided the ball was moving so it was incomplete, but not an int...

If the ball was moving and never hit the ground, then it was an interception.

When Clawson says Wolford needed time to develop into the position, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Wolford starting as a true freshman? Mitch has had 3 years at the position in practice. Then not a fair comparison and Clawson should be called on it.

Funny thing to me is that Cam was still slamming the OL today on Twitter. It’s like he just completely zoned out on the fact that Kern wasn’t sacked one time.
Did you notice any holes for runners to get through or see any push by the O-line yesterday or was I at another game.

I hear you, but we’re never going to be able to recruit the quantity of top recruits Big State U. schools will and I don’t think we’re going to be able to offer the NIL dollars a lot of other schools can. Doesn’t mean we can’t compete, but we’re behind the 8 ball to an extent. Maybe not as much as we used to be, but still at some disadvantages.
Really sums up my thoughts. We’re gonna be at an inherent disadvantage no matter what, but that still doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be competitive. Or at the bare minimum act competitive. 6-6 and 7-5 may be our ceiling on an odd year, but we should be able to and realistically be better consistently.

I’m usually able to come up with positive thoughts after I sleep on it, but Jesus man there is nothing. This season has been pure unadulterated ass.

Back