• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCSU Game Nov 11 2:00 CW

Cam doesn’t get that this season required a QB and scheme that can overcome poor OL play. So blaming the OL is just a cop out.

Really sums up my thoughts. We’re gonna be at an inherent disadvantage no matter what, but that still doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be competitive. Or at the bare minimum act competitive. 6-6 and 7-5 may be our ceiling on an odd year, but we should be able to and realistically be better consistently.

I’m usually able to come up with positive thoughts after I sleep on it, but Jesus man there is nothing. This season has been pure unadulterated ass.
It’s not just us, look at our true peers (size of school) when it comes to football. Vandy, Northwestern, Duke, at the P5 level, even Rice and Tulsa at the G5 level. What do all have in common? Struggles being a consistent winner in football. However, we can be competitive a lot more often than not.

We definitely win the Ga. Tech and Duke games with a serviceable QB. Definitely.
I’d venture to say the Pitt game wouldn’t have needed a fluke finish either. Not because Tino played, but Kern wouldn’t have been so handcuffed in the game plan the way Tino was.

They should have reviewed that UNC catch but it was not an int... The receiver hit the ground before Duke ever grabbed the ball, so he was down. Maybe they could have decided the ball was moving so it was incomplete, but not an int...
Nope. Go back and look at it several times. Receiver goes up high for ball and grabs it with both hands. He brings it down to his torso area at which point the Duke defender grabs the ball before receiver hits the ground. Duke defender wrestles it away and wins position. Catch was never completed by rule of follow through. He did not have full possession of the ball when he hit the ground.

I know we've had many such calls go against our receivers going back to Wolford and Hartman.

Last edited:
Please all of you...just stop it. You're all proving what clueless fans you are. THIS IS WHO WE ARE EVERY GOD DAMN YEAR !. There are NO guarantees of success. When's the last time we had a 4* recruit on offense ? Clawson and Ruggiero along with Sam Hartman and 1 or 2 other players manufactured an offense that bamboozled defenses for the last few years. But it takes a level of talent to maintain that success that we NEVER have, EVER. This year our deficiencies cannot be masked by schemes and some miraculous individual performances. That's it. Look toward next season with the hope EVERY true Wake Forest fan has EVERY year. But be aware that reality wins most of the time.
Donavan Greene. Demond Clairborne. Wesley Grimes. 4 star recruits.

This year has been like watching ‘Major League’ or ‘Slapshot’ except that I am too invested to fully appreciate the humor.

Mitch’s QBR today was 6.4. It’s almost impossible to play worse but I expect he’ll start next week.

I’ve been around long enough to remember Zac Taylor playing against wake and winning. I don’t know if I have the heart to watch Sam Hartman destroy this team next week.
Mitch is done playing for WF.

I went to my first Wake football game in 1977 when I was 7 years old. We lost to Maryland 35-7 on the way to a 1-10. Over the past 46 years of living and dying with Wake football, I have seen more than my share of bad football teams. But none was worse than what I witnessed yesterday. The only won that comes close to being as bad was the 2003 game against UConn.

I went to my first Wake football game in 1977 when I was 7 years old. We lost to Maryland 35-7 on the way to a 1-10. Over the past 46 years of living and dying with Wake football, I have seen more than my share of bad football teams. But none was worse than what I witnessed yesterday. The only won that comes close to being as bad was the 2003 game against UConn.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I did sit through a game in a cold rain against Rice that ended in a tie, that was even better than yesterday.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I did sit through a game in a cold rain against Rice that ended in a tie, that was even better than yesterday.
You just missed the"throw up and go home" games under Chuck Mills.(11-43-1) Which followed Tom Harpers 2-9 (1-5 ACC) record.

Clawson deserves every bit of criticism he is receiving. His worst mistake was to take the only winning ACC performance of the season, stomp it out and disgard it like trash. When a team and a third string QB create the energy, enthusiasm and effort to come from behind to win a game most considered lost, appreciate the accomplishment, enjoy the moment and continue to ride it for as long as possible. Sitting the player that was rewarded the game ball for his efforts is just plain stupid, especially with a QB that had performed poorly in losses the past three games. Dave disregarded the emotions of his team. He kicked the good vibes to the curb. That's on Dave Clawson. When he accepts that fact his next question should be...did any of my coaches stand up and challenge his decision to go back to Mitch. If the answer is no, Dave Clawson has a bunch of comfortable yes men coaching for him. That is where to start looking for answers. The guy in the mirror and the coaches around him.

Good post - yeah it was the energy of a once every 15 years game for us - reminded me a lot of the Maryland game in 2007. If I’m Tino- I’m hitting the portal

Back