• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Bridger ribbon score/video board

While selecting my bball seats at bridger field house yesterday i got to see the new board. They were running it through some tests and were just playing JRock's td run against state over and over from different camera angles. The video was pretty awesome. I was also told to get into my seat by at least 25 minutes before the FSU game, because they were going to do some sweet video presentation or something. The guy telling me was pretty stoked about it.

From what I've been told the pregame presentation before the FSU game will be pretty epic. There are going to be several high profile former Deacs in attendance and one pretty big surprise that I've been sworn to secrecy on. I'm looking forward to it.

sounds exciting... I will try my best to make it into my seat early enough to see this!

No problems from my seat. Perhaps the crowd around you needs to be louder so you can hear them?

I don't need overwhelming artificial stimulants nor do my section mates. The Deacs are enough to get you on their feet and I keep a defibrillator close by to make sure I don't go quietly. ;)

Stan Cotton was talking about the preview yesterday. He said it was absolutely amazing.

I know the SOTOGAB entrance video should look pretty sweet up there.

I don't need overwhelming artificial stimulants nor do my section mates. The Deacs are enough to get you on their feet and I keep a defibrillator close by to make sure I don't go quietly. ;)

I don't understand the "overwhelming" part. The sound/video hasn't been used any more so far this season than it was used in season's past. In fact, it's been toned down quite a bit from what I remember during the 2006-2008 seasons. It's used far less than other stadiums, especially compared to SEC and Pro stadiums I've been in. The speakers are just on a different end of the field now, so it sounds louder to fans who have been further from the sound source in the past.

Considering how poor of a job our crowds tend to do on knowing when to stand and cheer and when to shut up, I think we need all the help we can get.

Agreed with Racer, fans who complain about loud noises are funny to me. If you want to sit in peace and quiet, ZSR is about a mile away. It's a football game, it should be loud.

I'm not a fan of the image/video motif this year (the splotches of paint and the big stencil letters)...and the obvious non-resizing of the small 4:3 video snippets centered on the bigger screen. I hope all that goes away with the new board! Something cleaner and more sophisticated is meant for the board now in place, Would be awesome!

Agreed with Racer, fans who complain about loud noises are funny to me. If you want to sit in peace and quiet, ZSR is about a mile away. It's a football game, it should be loud.

Totally agree. God forbid we have anything at BB&T Field that makes any noise. I like the new board and all it has to offer. As much as I hate the SEC I would like to import some of their fans who know how to make noise.

Totally agree. God forbid we have anything at BB&T Field that makes any noise. I like the new board and all it has to offer. As much as I hate the SEC I would like to import some of their fans who know how to make noise.

Good post. Too many rich people i guess.

I just saw the new WFU football advertisement on TV (for them trying to sell tickets to the FSU game).

I think they put an end to my concerns -- they've done away with the design approach they've used so far this year with the tiny windows of 4:3 video on the screen with all the paint strokes, etc. It looks a lot cleaner with nice video, etc.

I'm excited for Saturday!

Ronny Wells was really hyping up the intro to the video board on the pregame show with Stan this week. Said they had some really incredible events planned.

There will be some Wake Forest athletes of old on hand for the intro. Everyone will want to see this. Get there early.

Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, and Josh Howard will be here for the WFU Alumni game I think -- so those three alone would be bawse.

Back