• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

There's a whole lot of people out there and on here trying to talk shitty coaches into existence.

If Matta and Amaker were on campus today, there is no way Currie is planning on hiring Amaker. For Matta to come to W-S, there would be some serious mutual interest. Can’t see Currie choosing Amaker over Matta LOL.

Let's get the Matta signing announced today! :thumbsup:

This is a legitimate question, even if it is apparently completely unrelated to Wake Forest's coaching search.

Obviously coming from Florida, which is halfway to Jamaica, and coming in to a private small airport, come on people!

Stop. We are not hiring Tommy Amaker, no matter what Rat Face says. We are not going to blow this chance to get a stud to bring our Program back to respectability.

1. Beilein
2. Matta
3. Forbes
4. Miller.

In that order; the only 4 in the mix.

Man if this post was a target at a firing range, you would be WAY wide on your shot

Les is really good but I have to disagree with him here a little, Miller is out, Belein is out, Matta is probably out, Forbes is unlikely and Amaker is a real possibility. I do not believe any decsiion has been made yet however.

Last edited:
Current student here. Not going to claim to have some super inside Tier 1 sauces but one of my friends who is associated with the athletic department told me that both Matta and Amaker were on campus today and that they heard Amaker is "likely" to get the job. Granted my friend may not be in the know (and may be getting stuff from this board lol) but thats what I heard.

Hang around here. We need more current students posting.

Man if this post was a target at a firing range, you would be WAY wide on your shot

Les is really good but I have to disagree with him here a little, Miller is out, Belein is out, Matta is probably out, Forbes is unlikely and Amaker is a real possibility. I do not believe any decsiion has been made yet however.

Oh fuck me

Can someone please explain why an old white guy flew to Winston Salem from Naples Florida just to pick up a goddamn package?

Probably dropped in to pick up a case of Lexington BBQ on his way from his vacation home in Marco Island to his other home in Roanoke.

That leaves Amaker and Kelsey.

I'm not exactly blown away over here.

I'd take Kelsey all day over Amaker, and it has nothing to do w/ Amaker's Duke ties.

Current student here. Not going to claim to have some super inside Tier 1 sauces but one of my friends who is associated with the athletic department told me that both Matta and Amaker were on campus today and that they heard Amaker is "likely" to get the job. Granted my friend may not be in the know (and may be getting stuff from this board lol) but thats what I heard.

Can you post up by the Athletics offices today and report on who’s coming in and out of the building? Just get a book and lean against a tree...no one will notice you.

Any information on why Forbes is unlikely? I have been concerned that Wake ultimately won’t pull the trigger on hiring him because of the show cause from 10 years ago.

Please please please not Amaker. I'm begging for anyone else

Is Matta out on us or is health a concern? This has seemed like the obvious hire to me all along.

All of this is just speculation. No one really knows what is going on except for the people involved (the candidates and the AD) and they aren't talking to anyone who is posting on these boards about it nor are they telling anyone in the media.

It's widely entertaining but ultimately it is all meaningless. We will know who it is when Wake wants us to know.

Back