• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Do we have any evidence that Hatch does any of this? I don’t care one way or the other about him as president at Wake but what credible information is out there that Hatch is the problem with our hiring basketball coaches as opposed to Ron being shitty at it?

This is another reason to like Pat Kelsey.

In December 2012, after a game against Ohio State, Kelsey gave an impassioned speech about the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting that had occurred just days prior. During the game's press conference, Kelsey spoke out about the tragedy and said "Parents, teachers, rabbis, priests, coaches, everybody needs to step up. This has to be a time for change.”

After a clip of the conference aired on ESPN, parents of a victim of the shooting reached out to Kelsey. He later participated in an event (Race4Chase triathlon) put on by the CMAK Sandy Hook Memorial Foundation. The family was honored at an Eagles basketball game on March 1, 2014. At the game, each Winthrop player wore the name of a child killed at Sandy Hook on the back of their jersey.

Feel like we would get back to the Prosser days in the Joel. Tie Dyes return. Some enthusiasm about basketball.

I have zero belief that Hatch inserts himself in the process where people are still interviewing. Maybe he has final ultimate say (maybe not) but people talking about Hatch vetoing hypothetical candidates or putting his thumb on the scale while the process is ongoing seems absurd.

LIAR. That info came from someone who has known SHAKA's agent for many, many years and knows SHAKA. So far everything he has said has been true. We had SHAKA, but Hatch FUCKED it. The part of the deal was giving SHAKA's wife full professorship position. She is graduated from Harvard AND Northwestern. Hatch reneged on promise at last minute thinking SHAKA would take money anyway. The insult was too great. In addition to fuck up with his wife, SHAKA wasn't all that happy to have to come in and lose for 2-3 years, but would have tried. Hatch really FUCKED that one up. Hatch FUCKING Shaka was ALMOST bad as classless orca-fat internet douches like ChrisL who ATTACKED Shaka's wife for pages and pages and pages. We really do have group of posters who have proven to be Hall of Fame douches. Wake was dream job for SHAKA. It's EVERYTHING he had wanted for years. It was small, quality, education, community, that he and his family could be a part of and top bball.

Old (white) guys flying into small private airports in the southeast, to pick up packages, is hysterical.

It’s either sinister, very old school, or both.

From watching Currie closely through the years, I bet he walks himself before being forced to hire someone he doesn’t want to hire. And he well should.

While this might normally be true (and I agree he should), after what happened at UT if he does that his career is over.

Anyone who says they prefer Manning over any of the candidates listed is a goddamn idiot.

I trust Currie is going to get the best candidate we can get this cycle based on whatever limitations we may or may not have. And we’re not going to be better positioned next year.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post like 40 pages ago that Forbes doesn’t make sense for Wake.

While I wish that wasn’t true, I have to agree with it, even if it’s considered LOWF.

Forbes could succeed at a large state school but I’ll go on record that his name will be thrown around over the years for NCAA infractions. We can’t fire a guy who has heavily relied on JUCO guys when we aren’t allowed to accept JUCO guys. Again, I wish this wasn’t my rationale but he just isn’t a “WF guy”... I hope this post she’s poorly and we get Forbes, but it just doesn’t make a ton of sense.

Totally agree. I listened to that Goodman interview w Forbes and he never once admitted any guilt or responsibility, just commented on what a miserable year it was and "there's a reason rear view mirrors are small compared to windshields" it was concerning. He has a charismatic trailer park schtick. Helluva coach. Seems like the kind of guy to be at Kentucky in 8 years.

Anyone who says they prefer Manning over any of the candidates listed is a goddamn idiot.

I trust Currie is going to get the best candidate we can get this cycle based on whatever limitations we may or may not have. And we’re not going to be better positioned next year.

If we end up with Tommy fucking Amaker then our great position is for shit.

I have zero belief that Hatch inserts himself in the process where people are still interviewing. Maybe he has final ultimate say (maybe not) but people talking about Hatch vetoing hypothetical candidates or putting his thumb on the scale while the process is ongoing seems absurd.

You underestimate Hatch. Bigly.

Someone who would prefer 7 years of Tommy fucking Amaker over 1 more year of Manning (and hiring someone else a year from now) is an idiot.

Currie has a history of getting the coach he wants / is tasked to get, and therefore I am completely confident we will do well here.

This cycle? We are this cycle. We are the only p6 opening and Tommy Amaker is the top target? Wake Basketball has fallen and it cannot get up.

Didn't Donaldross say that Miller was out yesterday morning but according to many sources Miller is still in consideration?

Back