• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Sounds like Curry picked his guy not a typical Wake type. Most “colorful” coach since Bones. Some coaches just know how to win.

I’m glad to see Currie go for a coach that doesn’t fit the typical Wake mold. It will be fun to win for a change.
[If, IF, we're right and it's Forbes...]

You gotta excuse some of these guys, I fear it's been so long since we've won, that these guys don't remember it.
THANKFULLY, it shouldn't be too long before they're reacquainted with winning.

OK. So now it appears that I got the okey doke on Matta. Yes, I’m a tad disappointed if that happened.

Now I understand that Miller had an interview but did not receive an offer. Looks like it’s Forbes. If so, that is an interesting hire and one that should excite us! We shall see.

The oracle speaks and I will listen

Or you could talk about the fact that for a year I've telling anyone who would listen Goodman's $18M($15M) numbers were bullshit. And it came true.

What Babydeac said was they were firing him for cause which set a goal of $0. Nothing with what Babydeac posted.

I know very little about Forbes. If he is the pick. His background does not seem very Wake Forest. Never coached at a private university. Let alone a quality university with high academic standards. Most of the places he has coached enroll any student that graduates HS. His pedigree seems to be attached to coaches with questionable character. He does not seem to be an intellect. He seems to be a ball coach. His demeanor reminds me of the BC football coach that just got fired. He definitely does not come across as a Clawson. I could see why Currie may favor him... He knows him and his loyalty will be to him. Wes Miller’s family connections are above Currie, Thad and Beilein require big money (big risk to Currie if they fail), Kelsey to intermingled to Wellman’s legacy, and any Duke coach is a Dukie. The save play may be Forbes, but he seems to be a round peg that will not fit into a square university.

You know nothing about him but here are your opinions

Perhaps the BEST thing about Forbes is that he is that he doesn't seem like a "Wake Forest guy" and doesn't fit the "typical Wake Forest mold."

Especially if guys like Wellman and Manning are what you think of when you think of a "Wake Forest guy..."

Seems like Forbes doesn’t take crap from anybody. Kinda love it. We definitely haven’t had someone like him at Wake. I think it’d be a ton of fun

07c0cbcb9bfc2a91439a9b7370ee6e69.jpg

Perhaps the BEST thing about Forbes is that he is that he doesn't seem like a "Wake Forest guy" and doesn't fit the "typical Wake Forest mold."

Especially if guys like Wellman and Manning are what you think of when you think of a "Wake Forest guy..."

Seems like an NC State guy if we’re being honest. We need some fans like state, so if that gets us there, great.

All these people complaining about Forbes not being a perfect private school fit ... it’s like the era of unwiped ass never happened. I’d rather win than have perfect socks.

If he is the guy, people will absolutely love Forbes because he is so not an intellectual snot like Amaker. Hatch would probably love your position.

Clawson is so rare, stop trying to find the hoops version of him.

And Skip was incredibly rare.

I heard Forbes on an interview with Golic and Wingo after they won the conference and he was articulate and funny. He had a few really good and funny lines that were original and I was impressed with him at that time. If he is the one I think it's a good choice. Go Deacs!

All these people complaining about Forbes not being a perfect private school fit ... it’s like the era of unwiped ass never happened. I’d rather win than have perfect socks.

Yeah. These clowns saying, “he’s not a wake Forest guy” need to quit being pretentious douche bags. Its never good to suggest someone needs to be more like Nathan Hatch.

Sounds like Forbes might make some blue hairs uncomfortable which makes him a great hire. I hope he recruits right up to the line and wins games and people call us Thug U.

Back