• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Forums Feedback, Suggestions, Issues, etc.

So…is this the updated UK-hosted package or the new US-hosted platform?

Thx for all the work getting it up/running.

Looks good. Will unread posts automatically come up for each thread or is there a procedure (click here) that needs to be done?

Can the thread page be included at the bottom of each page as well as the top?

Thank you for your efforts !

Never mind. Learning as I go.

Last edited:
See my reply on the other thread, but this could be an issue if you're on chrome and getting 404s.

Ohh this is because Chrome is probably auto-filling the full URL to ogboards.com/forums/forums or something, when the URL signatures have changed on this software.. just make sure you're going to ogboards.com with nothing else.

I run an adblocker on chrome -- no issues

are adblockers bad practice?
Nah, they're fine, if they interere or block JS from runninng at all though it could mess with functionality and you obviously don't have to worry about running one here since we're ad-free.

Looks good. Will unread posts automatically come up for each thread or is there a procedure (click here) that needs to be done?

Can the thread page be included at the bottom of each page as well as the top?

Thank you for your efforts !

Never mind. Learning as I go.

Default behavior for clicking on threads now:

If any unread (bolded title) - it will jump to first unread
If all read (non-bolded title) it will jump to first post (I realllly want to change this to just jump to last post, but for some reason they make this very hard, in the meantime if you want last post just hit the timestamp of the last post on the far right of the thread row)

Now, the other catch is that the forum isn't totally up-to-date on where you are on threads right now read vs unread.. so bolded titles you haven't read on THIS forum most likely will just take you to pg 1 until you've established history here.

Tapatalk is a far better mobile option. This is my first time checking from a browser in a long time. Getting all unread threads together beats checking forums individually.

any way to make it easier to shift between subforums

Ok, finally figured out how to add quick nav links to 4 major sub-forums in the Forums sub-nav above: Sports/Pit/Tunnels/Tech

Should make that a little bit easier. Otherwise it was honestly the same as old VB setup, you'd just click the "OGboards" breadcrumb at top or bottom and then select a subforum from that page.

FWIW I am still planning on attempting to get Tapa setup for y'all that prefer it and have already purchased pro/etc, the issue is that their plugin for XF 2.x (which is a couple years old at this point) is still in beta, and thus not a trusted add-on yet, which makes things a bit more difficult.

So…is this the updated UK-hosted package or the new US-hosted platform?

Thx for all the work getting it up/running.
We are in an Atlanta, GA data center! Running on all new software and successfully migrated all users/passwords/threads/posts...

Definitely seems like that is paying off, I know it'll take some time to get used to design being slightly different but this was software that branched off of VB so isn't that much different (just updated for modern times), but man this feels way way faster. Will be interested to see it under heavier load during a game or other event.

Back