• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Forums Feedback, Suggestions, Issues, etc.

rattlerdeac is no longer at the top of the rep list?!

Not sure if user error or not, but went to paste my Wordle results in the thread and I had to type something before it would let me paste.
Using Safari on iPhone.

In fairness, really great job guys. I know a lot of this comes out of the love of the Deacs and altruism to us fellow fans, thank you for your hard work. Haven't checked this out on desktop so I'll do that today. Is this open source?

The mobile experience isn't bad but will never rival a native app experience for ease of use. If it's something you're considering I'd gladly chip in to defray costs for enabling Tapatalk or similar.

Is there a mark forum read button, my OCD would like everything to say it’s been read to start fresh so only new posts are highlighted.

Didn't see this in the setting/preferences but can we turn off avatars and pictures in posts?

Is there a mark forum read button, my OCD would like everything to say it’s been read to start fresh so only new posts are highlighted.
Yes, at the top right of each subforum there should be a mark read button.

Didn't see this in the setting/preferences but can we turn off avatars and pictures in posts?
Hmm, this could be tricky since images can come from lots of different sources/etc. I'm assuming you'd want something that could block ALL types of embeds from showing?

You're all wonderful people. Can I still post personal photos without tapatalk? I'm old and new technology is scary but you guys are sometimes like my second instagram.

You're all wonderful people. Can I still post personal photos without tapatalk? I'm old and new technology is scary but you guys are sometimes like my second instagram.
There's a 1MB limit for attachments right now. We do have a littttle bit more disk space available these days, so I might bump that up after keeping an eye on stats the first month or so.

IMGUR embedding might be easier on this forum too.

There's a 1MB limit for attachments right now. We do have a littttle bit more disk space available these days, so I might bump that up after keeping an eye on stats the first month or so.

IMGUR embedding might be easier on this forum too.
Will we hosts those pictures in perpetuity!? Or will they eventually go away from some set amount of time?

Ok, finally figured out how to add quick nav links to 4 major sub-forums in the Forums sub-nav above: Sports/Pit/Tunnels/Tech

Should make that a little bit easier. Otherwise it was honestly the same as old VB setup, you'd just click the "OGboards" breadcrumb at top or bottom and then select a subforum from that page.

This is great

Hmm, this could be tricky since images can come from lots of different sources/etc. I'm assuming you'd want something that could block ALL types of embeds from showing?
Last version there was an option in settings (i believe) to turn off avatars showing up. Images posted in the forums would just show up as the link. twitter embeds and youtube embeds still showed up

Last version there was an option in settings (i believe) to turn off avatars showing up. Images posted in the forums would just show up as the link. twitter embeds and youtube embeds still showed up

Ok, I've added an option to disable avatars showing up in threads, in user preferences.

Images will be harder, but I'll put it on the backlog/keep an eye out for a solution to that.

Not urgent, but it would be nice to be able to move directly from one subforum to another without going to the main directory page. We had a dropdown on the previous board. It's worth noting though that this forum moves so much faster that it might be overkill.

Not urgent, but it would be nice to be able to move directly from one subforum to another without going to the main directory page. We had a dropdown on the previous board. It's worth noting though that this forum moves so much faster that it might be overkill.
Look up at the navigation links again...

Added this last night. Direct links to Sports/Pit/Tunnels/Tech and that nav bar is also pinned/floats so is always visible. Even better than having to drop down menu it.

Okay. That's cool.

Any way we could get it at the bottom of the page too, because that's where we do most of our reading and replying.

Back