• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Forums Feedback, Suggestions, Issues, etc.

Arnold-Palmer-in-his-fashion-prime.jpg

Ok, finally figured out how to add quick nav links to 4 major sub-forums in the Forums sub-nav above: Sports/Pit/Tunnels/Tech

Should make that a little bit easier. Otherwise it was honestly the same as old VB setup, you'd just click the "OGboards" breadcrumb at top or bottom and then select a subforum from that page.
sweet thanks

think it makes a bigger difference to me when browsing on my phone

is anyone else a constant mouse-clicker while they read online?

it's an obnoxious habit but the new options that pop up when i highlight text mean i accidentally get sent to the reply function

also, not sure yet if I like having my abandoned posts pop back up when return to that thread -- usually i abandon because i realize i'm saying something dumb

is anyone else a constant mouse-clicker while they read online?

it's an obnoxious habit but the new options that pop up when i highlight text mean i accidentally get sent to the reply function

also, not sure yet if I like having my abandoned posts pop back up when return to that thread -- usually i abandon because i realize i'm saying something dumb

There's a little floppy disk, you can "delete draft" from that to clear it out for good.

I'm also a clicker, but usually double/triple clicking so the pop-ups going to end of the phrase/string don't really interfere too much 😂

There's a little floppy disk, you can "delete draft" from that to clear it out for good.

I'm also a clicker, but usually double/triple clicking so the pop-ups going to end of the phrase/string don't really interfere too much 😂
thanks

i found the floppy disk, but i'll have to dig around to see if there is a way to turn off drafts altogether so i don't have to do it for each abandoned post

thanks

i found the floppy disk, but i'll have to dig around to see if there is a way to turn off drafts altogether so i don't have to do it for each abandoned post

Yeah I haven't found an easy to way to make it a user level setting tbh.

I did modify the time it keeps a draft around (default was 24 hours!) down to just 1 hour.

Installed a new add-on to hopefully make tweet (and other) embedding a little more smooth.. should now show the box + loading content while it pulls from twitter instead of just the URL like it was doing before.

Is there going to be a way to edit thread titles from the main forum menu without having to go to the first post?

Seems like migration to this board is a little slow. Do you think people's old bookmarks might be causing a little bit of a problem? When I click on an old bookmark I wind up with this and can't even tell the board has left me behind. Now, I'm smart enough to click on something and get back to civilization, but many f you people are not.

1662738256216.png

Is there going to be a way to edit thread titles from the main forum menu without having to go to the first post?

I don't think we're gonna get the double-click to edit functionality back, if that's what you're asking. There's an "edit' button on the right side of the thread title/row but apparently that's only visible to moderators :cry:

You don't necessarily need to be on the first post, just in the thread (I think), should be a thread tools dropdown at top right:
1662738208149.png

Seems like migration to this board is a little slow. Do you think people's old bookmarks might be causing a little bit of a problem? When I click on an old bookmark I wind up with this and can't even tell the board has left me behind. Now, I'm smart enough to click on something and get back to civilization, but many f you people are not.

View attachment 1294
Yeah this is because the URL signatures changed from VB to XF, I'm trying to get a redirect system in place but it's not working as intended. Definitely have to update bookmarks in the meantime (would also hope if people got to that page they'd just click on "forums" or the logo or something and get to the actual forums, but 🤷‍♂️)

Is this as big a concern if everything loads much faster? I think I can hack something together but it will just break certain thread/post linking for you due to the way those are built out.
I'm going to give the status quo a go and try to adapt. I was a fan of 40-50 ppp, but never had an issue with slow loading- even when Biff was spamming the end of chat threads with gifs.

@PhDeac Tapatalk integration should be live again. You may need to remove and re-add the forum on your tapatalk to get it to work.. I had to do that on mine but unclear if it was that or just time to resolve some stuff.

Back