• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Forums Feedback, Suggestions, Issues, etc.

Also I think Vbulletin redirects should be working now, so users shouldn't hit those error pages if they hit bookmarked VB style links (also keeps our SEO/search history functional ftw).

@PhDeac Tapatalk integration should be live again. You may need to remove and re-add the forum on your tapatalk to get it to work.. I had to do that on mine but unclear if it was that or just time to resolve some stuff.

It’s up and working great. Thanks!

I’m really impressed with how quickly you all have made these changes. Put me on the long list of posters happy to buy you a beer when we get a chance.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was mentioned, but threads having the OP's avatar next to the thread title on the forum list is an issue only because OrigScreaminDemon started the "What Are you listening to right now?" thread. Gonna make it harder to browse The Pit at work.

Is there a way to change that without turning off avatars altogether?

holy shit that was my first reply on the new software and it was fast AF

Not sure about seeing the "likes" and who likes what posts. Some of my "likes" are when people insult other people, and I just like to anonymously support their insults, but don't necessarily have a problem with the poster they insulted, who may then take exception. If that makes sense. But I'm not too worried about it.

Great work!

More posts per page would be great, as has been mentioned, though not a huge deal, and I can get used to that. But what about seeing more threads per page?

I don't care too much about any of this, glad you got this working, just posting out loud as I notice things.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but threads having the OP's avatar next to the thread title on the forum list is an issue only because OrigScreaminDemon started the "What Are you listening to right now?" thread. Gonna make it harder to browse The Pit at work.

Is there a way to change that without turning off avatars altogether?

Ok, so the user preference option for hiding avatars in threads will still be a thing, but I had to get a little more nuclear with this.

On the bottom of the page there is a "style chooser" and if you choose "SFW OGBoards" it will block all avatars from showing, period, regardless of what your user pref is showing. I'll also try to add some blocking of attached/embedded images too, so if you see empty posts it's probably because it's hiding an image.

Just a heads up, I had to change the URL in my bookmarks from last night from "forums" to "forum" to work after a small adjustment in the last hour or so.

Just a heads up, I had to change the URL in my bookmarks from last night from "forums" to "forum" to work after a small adjustment in the last hour or so.
Ahh yeah, sorry, this is one of the things that had to change to fix the Vbulletin redirects.

A small navigational request: I'm Pavlovian trained to click the OGBoards banner to return to the Forums list.

On the old site, I think the hyperlink extended horizontally across the whole page (including the blank gold space), whereas now the targetable area is just the middle surrounding the Deacon picture and large-font OGBoards declaration. Any chance that could be extended?

And once again for the people in the back: cookout is a mensch for navigating through all this.

Ok, so the user preference option for hiding avatars in threads will still be a thing, but I had to get a little more nuclear with this.

On the bottom of the page there is a "style chooser" and if you choose "SFW OGBoards" it will block all avatars from showing, period, regardless of what your user pref is showing. I'll also try to add some blocking of attached/embedded images too, so if you see empty posts it's probably because it's hiding an image.
I love it. I can keep SFW OGBoards on my work computer and keep regular on my mobile browser.

@PhDeac Tapatalk integration should be live again. You may need to remove and re-add the forum on your tapatalk to get it to work.. I had to do that on mine but unclear if it was that or just time to resolve some stuff.
Working great. It's even faster on tapatalk.

USA USA USA

A small navigational request: I'm Pavlovian trained to click the OGBoards banner to return to the Forums list.

On the old site, I think the hyperlink extended horizontally across the whole page (including the blank gold space), whereas now the targetable area is just the middle surrounding the Deacon picture and large-font OGBoards declaration. Any chance that could be extended?

And once again for the people in the back: cookout is a mensch for navigating through all this.
I tried getting this to work but not doable right now. I think I'd have to do some magic with the logo at multiple sizes and making it wider (but not really), but could have some repercussions for re-flow as it sizes down.

You can get to home forums list by clicking logo, "Forums" tab in main nav, and then of course all the sub-nav links are there to just take you to straight to the subforum you're really trying to get to. (I too, was a logo hitter on VB, but now I just tend to click those direct links)

Great job, cookout. Appreciate all the work.

Not having to click that little blue arrow to go to the last unread post on a thread is a game-changer. Being able to click a quoted post to return to said original post is also cool. Hovering over a poster's avy/name to see what PhDeac is viewing at any point in time is also great.

Some very, very light suggestions if possible. I don't know, others may not feel the same. The UI stuff is from viewing on desktop.
  • Make the username/avatar sidebar a tiny bit wider. I don't know if it's the dudes with long names breaking into 2 lines (Juice, HTTD, etc) or cropped/blurry avatars that are throwing me off
  • Make post text like 1% smaller
  • Deacon heads/rep bar thing coming back?
  • Change color of the poster text in the quoted post to something other than that orange (bold black or gray?)
  • Remove the default big letter avatar for posters without avies

Board is definitely loading way, way faster for me, too. Thanks again.

Any way to streamline notifications? Maybe one notification per thread? It could be a useful feature if so

F781A1A7-FB13-438A-98D1-7891BA1685B7.jpeg

Notification settings are all user prefs I think.. so just set them to notify what you actually want them notify for (I have mine set to notify for quoted posts/@ messages, stuff like that).

Great job, cookout. Appreciate all the work.

Not having to click that little blue arrow to go to the last unread post on a thread is a game-changer. Being able to click a quoted post to return to said original post is also cool. Hovering over a poster's avy/name to see what PhDeac is viewing at any point in time is also great.

Some very, very light suggestions if possible. I don't know, others may not feel the same. The UI stuff is from viewing on desktop.
  • Make the username/avatar sidebar a tiny bit wider. I don't know if it's the dudes with long names breaking into 2 lines (Juice, HTTD, etc) or cropped/blurry avatars that are throwing me off
  • Make post text like 1% smaller
  • Deacon heads/rep bar thing coming back?
  • Change color of the poster text in the quoted post to something other than that orange (bold black or gray?)
  • Remove the default big letter avatar for posters without avies

Board is definitely loading way, way faster for me, too. Thanks again.

I can play around w/ the avatar section a tiny bit, don't want it to dominate the design/content though. Some avatars are kind of off because of the migration process I think, VB stored them at a lower res than XF expects/wants.

Post text was actually smaller, but then I had more complaints about it being too hard to read (even from youngin's), so I'd just rec using browser scaling to get it where you want it.

Rep as we know it is dead, reaction score is new king. I don't think I can easily replace score with image accumulation like VB did, but it's on my long term investigation list.

It's just a brighter gold :p, but yeah I can't decide on it anyway, still gonna experiment some there.

The options for Avatar fill-ins are either dynamic (letters that correspond to username) OR everyone gets the same default AV. I lean towards dynamic for that reason so it's easy to at least differentiate non-av users in a convo.

I just assumed reaction score is rep. So how did it calculate our reaction score from prior posts?

I just assumed reaction score is rep. So how did it calculate our reaction score from prior posts?
It just took away the points scaling I think (longer term posters posreps were worth more than new posters), one posrep from someone == one reaction point, I'm pretty sure.

It just took away the points scaling I think (longer term posters posreps were worth more than new posters), one posrep from someone == one reaction point, I'm pretty sure.

Don’t tell wakebored, but it looks like my negreps were turned in to “likes.”

Back