• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Forums Feedback, Suggestions, Issues, etc.

Okay. That's cool.

Any way we could get it at the bottom of the page too, because that's where we do most of our reading and replying.

Ha, I mean, that's exaclty why it is pinned and floats down, so even when you're at bottom of page you can still see and click it.

Whoa, that's freaky. Where did you learn to do that ?

Firstly, thank you cookout for your hard work on this migration. Everything looks really great.

How do I adjust the number of posts per page. Didn't see it in my profile.

Just read through this whole thread, and this is my biggest concern. I was a big fan of 100 posts per page on the older server.

Default behavior for clicking on threads now:

If any unread (bolded title) - it will jump to first unread
If all read (non-bolded title) it will jump to first post (I realllly want to change this to just jump to last post, but for some reason they make this very hard, in the meantime if you want last post just hit the timestamp of the last post on the far right of the thread row)

Now, the other catch is that the forum isn't totally up-to-date on where you are on threads right now read vs unread.. so bolded titles you haven't read on THIS forum most likely will just take you to pg 1 until you've established history here.

This was my second concern - thank you for clarifying!

Just read through this whole thread, and this is my biggest concern. I was a big fan of 100 posts per page on the older server.

Is this as big a concern if everything loads much faster? I think I can hack something together but it will just break certain thread/post linking for you due to the way those are built out.

So far, everything does load MUCH faster. It's awesome.

I dislike clicking the next page button numerous times on busy/popular threads. Or whenever I've been away from the boards for some time and I'm catching up.

But I can adapt, especially if this is an unpopular preference. I don't want to break our new, shiny toy.

First off, LOVE the new system .. looks better, faster, excellent! Second ... can we not ignore "staff members" or something? I had a particular poster ignored on the old system and they even briefly were showing that way on here, but now I see their posts and cannot ignore them. That is no bueno ...

First off, LOVE the new system .. looks better, faster, excellent! Second ... can we not ignore "staff members" or something? I had a particular poster ignored on the old system and they even briefly were showing that way on here, but now I see their posts and cannot ignore them. That is no bueno ...
It's going to be okay !!!!

It's literally impossible to ignore BiffTannen

Nothing personal, but I can't help it that you're a snowflake :)

all-due.gif

Back