• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Panthers logo

When I first looked at the logo, I felt like the right eye was smaller and because it had the color surrounding it, it looked like it was swollen like the Panther took a right hook to the face.

Whatever, I guess it's fine. Don't think it was necessary, but that's Nike for you. Personally I liked the old lettering better though.

When I first looked at the logo, I felt like the right eye was smaller and because it had the color surrounding it, it looked like it was swollen like the Panther took a right hook to the face.

Whatever, I guess it's fine. Don't think it was necessary, but that's Nike for you. Personally I liked the old lettering better though.

Had that first impression of the eye. Reminded me a little of Christopher "Big Black" Boykins.

0EKwD.jpg

So it only looks like the states if you drench it and then only partly wring it out.

I've always thought the logo was pretty simple. South Carolina outline is the head, North Carolina outline is the body. Of course it's not perfect, but it's pretty easy to see, IMO.

Let's just change to the "Carolina Cams"

Kinda looks like NC and SC, right?

F3Is7O_cam-newton-carolina-panthers.jpg

Great update IMO. Subtle, but improved and more modern.

I've always thought the logo was pretty simple. South Carolina outline is the head, North Carolina outline is the body. Of course it's not perfect, but it's pretty easy to see, IMO.

So we have to reflect NC, then angle it, and then put SC on top? That seems like an even greater stretch than Ph's image. Seems like they made the logo and then didn't want either state to feel left out so said that it was both of them.

The general shape definitely reflects the two states as per PH's image. Obviously it's not exact, but you can easily look at the logo and see the intention. Pretty ingenious design IMO.

panthers.png

For those of you who can't see it. Ideally it would have been rotated another 30 degrees or so, but MSPaint is limited.

A nice improvement. The new font is meh, but anything is an improvement over the old 1990s claw slash font.

Back