• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Panthers logo

well yeah that looks nothing like it, but as I said before I would rotate it further, so the panther's right ear is at the southern tip of SC and the point under its jaw is the western tip of NC. That way the left side of its head overlaps the NC/SC border

why would they make a logo that you have to tilt in order for it to look like what it's supposedly shaped like?

I don't know if that's what was intended or not, which is why nobody can agree on how it's supposed to look. Kind of like how the new WF logo supposedly had a WF in it, but only on like half of it.

the browns and the dolphins say hello.

For me the question is "can I imagine wearing a garment in this team's colors". Brown? Sure. I guess the dolphins are in the conversation for ugliest based on that test, but for me orange and teal is still a step ahead of electric blue or that puke shade of green the Jags use.

why would they make a logo that you have to tilt in order for it to look like what it's supposedly shaped like?

Artistic license. Do you expect them to take an exact outline of NC/SC and then just draw a Panther inside of it? It's supposed to allude to the states, not be an exact replica of them.

I don't know if that's what was intended or not, which is why nobody can agree on how it's supposed to look. Kind of like how the new WF logo supposedly had a WF in it, but only on like half of it.

The WF is much easier to see right off the bat. All it takes is realizing that the F is mirrored. If you have to invert, reflect, rotate or disassemble your entire logo for people to understand what it's supposed to be, the design team has failed.

Artistic license. Do you expect them to take an exact outline of NC/SC and then just draw a Panther inside of it? It's supposed to allude to the states, not be an exact replica of them.

I get artistic license, but that seems like a huge stretch where you have to completely invert or whatever to get it somewhat close.

But you don't have to invert it. Just look at it. I bet people here are still looking for the arrow in the Fed Ex logo.

But you don't have to invert it. Just look at it. I bet people here are still looking for the arrow in the Fed Ex logo.

Yeah seriously. I don't know why this is so hard, it's clearly similar to the outline of the two states

I can see how it sorta looks like the 2. What I'm referring to is people inverting it to make it look like the Carolinas. That was clearly not the intent of the designers.

I can see how it sorta looks like the 2. What I'm referring to is people inverting it to make it look like the Carolinas. That was clearly not the intent of the designers.

I don't know what this is about either. I thought PH's initial drawing should have ended any discussion on the topic

By the way, that wasn't my drawing, just one of many examples of people explaining this that I found in a Google image search.

Anyway... the black helmet renditions some people are tossing out there look awesome

Anyway... the black helmet renditions some people are tossing out there look awesome

There are some interesting ones out there. Which ones are you talking about?

new-carolina-panthers-uniform-concept-buc.png

I'm meh on these, but I like the idea. I'm really glad I just bought a Reebok Cam jersey in December. If Nike balls hard enough, I'll grab theirs.

I'd prefer these with the new lettering and logo.

nike-panthers-uniforms-vmd9.jpg

I think the Panthers blue looks better on a black helmet too. Id love to see the switch. I dont have a huge problem with the current silver ones, the blacks just look so much better

Back