• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Push Lawnmower

This thread has me thinking about my lawn and in general which tools work the best.
I'm big on having a nice edge along my driveway, and to-date have used a string trimmer and admittedly it looks fine. But wondering if anyone has upgraded to a battery edger from a string trimmer, and is the difference in appearance noticeable enough for me to spring for one at around $100 or so.
No. I got the edger as Christmas gift, and my first thought was "It's the thought that counts." It's useful one time if you have a situation where the yard overruns into the concrete because it easily creates the delineation line between the two, but if you already maintain line that with a string trimmer turned vertically, the edger will largely be superfluous. It might make the first mow of the year in the spring go a little faster, but that's about it.

Back