• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

News Sources: A Political Divide

Megyn Kelly Rallied a Female Colleague to Testify Against Roger Ailes

According to a source briefed on the investigation, Kelly has helped at least one colleague speak out, too. In recent days, Kelly has called a former Fox female anchor and encouraged her to share her experience of harassment by Ailes with the corporate investigators. The former Fox anchor had described to Kelly being kissed against her will by Ailes during a private meeting. According to a person briefed on Kelly’s thinking, Kelly decided to speak to Paul, Weiss attorneys and encourage others to do so because she felt that a parade of Fox women marching to Ailes’s defense was presenting a distorted public account of the company’s culture. “Megyn thought the other side of the story needed to be told,” the source said.

Roger Ailes Used Fox News Budget to Finance ‘Black-Room’ Campaigns Against His Enemies

According to one highly placed source, Solivan worked out of what Fox insiders called “the Black Room,” an operation Ailes established around 2011 to conduct PR and surveillance campaigns against people he targeted, both inside and outside the company. The “Black Room” was located on the 14th floor of the News Corp building at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, a quiet part of the office that housed Fox News Latino and some marketing and promotions employees. Fox employees Ken LaCorte and Jim Pinkerton — veteran political operatives who’ve worked with Ailes since the 1980s — also worked with Solivan, the source said, adding that Ailes’s personal lawyer and Fox contributor Peter Johnson Jr. advised the team.

I was also the target of an operation, a source told me: In 2012, while I was researching a biography of Ailes, Fox operatives set up webpages to attack my reputation, and Fox funds paid for Google search ads against my name that linked to the sites. One source also said private investigators employed by Fox contributor Bo Dietl were instructed to follow me and my wife. (Dietl’s firm was used to track Andrea Mackris, the producer who accused Bill O’Reilly of sexual harassment in 2004, the source said.) When reached by phone, Dietl said, “I have no real comments. I love Roger Ailes. He built one of the great news channels out of nothing. He’s a very successful guy.”

The Explosive New Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Bill O’Reilly, Detailed

Tantaros alleges that “Fox News masquerades as defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny.”

Andrea Tantaros Sues Fox News, Ensnares Bill O’Reilly, Scott Brown, and Others

Among the allegations against Ailes are that after she rebuffed his repeated sexual advances, he “demoted” her from a regular co-hosting gig with 5 p.m. gabfest The Five to the noon hour’s Outnumbered. The long-time conservative commentator also claims that Ailes would suggestively ask her to “twirl” and show off her body in his office; that he would inappropriately pry about her personal life; and that he would make sexually charged remarks about her colleagues, including calling Kimberly Guilfoyle a “Puerto Rican whore” and asking whether The Five star hosts Greg Gutfeld and Dana Perino were engaged in an extramarital affair.

The part about going to the top lawyer at Fox News and being told that she needed to let this one go because Ailes is a powerful man is really really not good for Fox.

You deny that the tunnels is liberal? I can count the number of conservative posters here on one hand.

Off the top of my head:

you, 89, knowell, elc, wrangor, jhmd, sailor, catamount, pinocha, MF, Raleigh Devil, bobst, pour, awaken, tintin

Those are the ones I can think of quickly. Man, you must have a lot of fingers...

Off the top of my head:

you, 89, knowell, elc, wrangor, jhmd, sailor, catamount, pinocha, MF, Raleigh Devil, bobst, pour, awaken, tintin

Those are the ones I can think of quickly. Man, you must have a lot of fingers...

This one is a Libertarian not a conservative. Not all non libs are conservatives.

This one is a Libertarian not a conservative. Not all non libs are conservatives.

if there was ever a time:

oZ8aJ.gif

oh i know the Websters difference. i'd love to hear where your views diverge from a Conservative's viewpoint in meaningful ways

oh i know the Websters difference. i'd love to hear where your views diverge from a Conservative's viewpoint in meaningful ways

I'm sure he does, but I don't remember any time he's argued a Libertarian perspective against conservatives on these boards. knowell, feel free to point out where you have to show I'm wrong.

I'm sure he does, but I don't remember any time he's argued a Libertarian perspective against conservatives on these boards. knowell, feel free to point out where you have to show I'm wrong.

I plead guilty of that. Most of the time I take on the libs. There just are not enough conservatives to spend time fighting them. I have made my comments but rarely have been very critical. I think the plurality of libs are plenty to do that.

Pro legalization of ALL drugs, prostitution, victimless crimes.

Pro criminal reform. Would not use jail for any but the worst of non-violent criminals.

Pro non-interventionist foreign policy. This is probably the biggest reason I could not vote for most Republicans or for Hillary.

I am all about freedom on all issues. What could be wrong with that.

Off the top of my head:

Of all the hurtful things you've said through the years, not including me on your list cuts the deepest...

Of all the hurtful things you've said through the years, not including me on your list cuts the deepest...

It was off the top of my head. I hadn't seen you in a while...I also forgot aocs. :)

Sorry..

A picture from the Austin airport. The left was distributed in Austin, presumably to sway liberals. The right was in a more conservative market.

14138082_10210184398063694_5803670331295367517_o.jpg

I'm surprised the background of the shoe story isn't yellow.

Back