• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

News Sources: A Political Divide

You deny that the tunnels is liberal? I can count the number of conservative posters here on one hand.

hey, we had a vote on a pretty clear philosophical point and it was clearly in one camp.

We report. You decide.

Kind of like the tunnels for liberal elitists.

Truer words were never spoken. "Echo chamber for confirmation bias" perfectly describes The Tunnels for the millennial liberals who post on these boards. There is evidently a deep desire to be "socially acceptable" to their peers and a morbid fear of being rejected if they offered a single contrary opinion to the popular "group-think" on any given subject.

hey, we had a vote on a pretty clear philosophical point and it was clearly in one camp.

We report. You decide.

Because I think you're an intelligent guy, I'm going to assume you're not being serious.

Liberals are certainly more vocal on here. In real life I know a good number of intelligent conservatives and have in-depth and substantive conversations with them over policies where there is no devolution into name-calling and absurd strawmen. Unfortunately the number of intelligent conservatives that post regularly on the Tunnels I think I can count on one hand (maybe two).

Liberals are certainly more vocal on here. In real life I know a good number of intelligent conservatives and have in-depth and substantive conversations with them over policies where there is no devolution into name-calling and absurd strawmen. Unfortunately the number of intelligent conservatives that post regularly on the Tunnels I think I can count on one hand (maybe two).

I bet all the liberals you know are intelligent people.

You simultaneously condemn name calling and then name call. Bravo.

I bet all the liberals you know are intelligent people.

No I know dumb liberals too.

I will say though that the number of conservative friends I've met in different stages of my life has constantly decreased. There are a ton in my family and I knew a lot in high school. I knew fewer at Wake (even in the poli sci department), and I haven't really met any conservatives in Massachusetts (met plenty of Republicans up here, but we agree on most social issues and just differ on tax/fiscal policies - at most these have been fiscal conservatives). I don't remember the last person I had a serious academic or legal discussion with who was against same-sex marriage for instance. A lot of this is likely based around Massachusetts being extremely liberal and going to an extremely liberal law school.

Last edited:
with discourse like this who needs good debate

Seems legit but hard to believe Carlson would have much sympathy for most other women in that situation.

Back