• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Coach...rumors on the ground.

I think it would take a special job to get Calhoun away from his alma mater anyway.

Rusty LaRue. He's already on staff and it gets the Bz label off of him.

Just in. Tim Duncan and a collection of partners who wish to remain anonymous are buying WFU.

Pop to AD, Timmy to take HC in football, and Tony will be player-coach in hoop until his four years of eligibility expire.

NCAA officials have already been greased, and the conglomerate's best lawyers will make certain that it sticks.

Hatch will be let go. There will not be a president per se. All the deans will be presidents.

What coach out there is failing and has always failed? THATS who we will hire. Worked for basketball.

Under that criteria: LANE KIFFEN

The Mike London inclusion should have made it obvious.

Not sure about that. Just look at the last major hire that our AD made. The more absurd the list, the more realistic it probably is.

Given how much Wellman has doubled down on "culture" and winning the right way, there is zero chance we hire anyone outside of that mold. The new coach will be a white-bread disciplinarian type just like Grobe was.

Have any of the Triad/N.C. people heard the Wake situation discussed on any local radio shows?

I'm throwing in Lonnie Galloway. Dude has fire, and I think could land some damn good players. Besides, WVU is not good...

Would seem that all rumors, whether good or bad, should be taken with a grain of salt if this is anything like the basketball search. Wellman seems to like to keep these searches pretty close to the vest and I remember with Buzz there was no contact with the Colorado administration about permission to talk to him. Perhaps its because Buzz was so far out of left field but it seemed by the time word got out it was pretty much a done deal.

DEREK DOOLEY!

Uncle coached here.

Has SEC experience and NFL experience. Law degree. Will recruit good men.

Will rock gold pants.

WIN-WIN.

George O'Leary!?!? didn't he originally get hired by ND when Hatch was there?

He coached ND for a few days before "resume inaccuracies" were found and he was fired. Something about made up degrees and claiming he lettered in football (he did not).

O'Leary is a little old but he'd shape up this program quickly. Only problem would be if he can make it like 10 years down the road, that's questionable.

Back