• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Nice post but it will be hard for anyone to surpass Chris Barclay as the best WF running back.

He said top RB recruit, not best Wake Forest running back. Big difference.

Off the top of my head I would think Josh Adams was Wake’s top RB recruit previously?

He said top RB recruit, not best Wake Forest running back. Big difference.

Off the top of my head I would think Josh Adams was Wake’s top RB recruit previously?

adams and i believe micah andrews were ranked 4 stars by at least one service.

Mandel had him at 15, dunno why they need two rankings of the same thing

The Athletic has lots of great writers with lots of varying opinions that want to be heard. Being in the conversation by many writers is awesome.

As it has been told, Clawson used CBS's roster spot to land 4 star VA RB Demond Claiborne. At the time, CBS had already communicated his intent to leave (CBS has graduated) after the 2021 season. Once Claiborne committed (he briefly waffled because Michigan was flirting), WF didn't have an available RB spot for CBS, when CBS decided to return to college football for the 2022 season. In the end, sounded like everyone was happy as WF landed its top RB recruit maybe ever, and CBS ended up at S. Carolina which is expected to be much improved in 2022 with Spencer Rattler.

I've always liked the Gamecocks and was happy to see CBS sign with them. It will be nice to cheer for him this year. Would love to see him be an SEC leader. I wish we'd sign a home and home with S. Carolina I'd definitely travel to that away game.

I've always liked the Gamecocks and was happy to see CBS sign with them. It will be nice to cheer for him this year. Would love to see him be an SEC leader. I wish we'd sign a home and home with S. Carolina I'd definitely travel to that away game.

I hate the Gamecocks as I grew up an ACC fan in Columbia, but I also agree that we should sign a home and home with them. It makes a ton of sense. I also wish we'd try to do one with Tennessee. Both are very, very close.

I hate the Gamecocks as I grew up an ACC fan in Columbia, but I also agree that we should sign a home and home with them. It makes a ton of sense. I also wish we'd try to do one with Tennessee. Both are very, very close.

I, for one, do not want to see a bunch of Tennessee fans around Winston. Gross. Plenty of other SEC schools that won’t throw mustard on the field when we kick their asses.

I, for one, do not want to see a bunch of Tennessee fans around Winston. Gross. Plenty of other SEC schools that won’t throw mustard on the field when we kick their asses.

I'm just thinking of geographically obvious choices for P5 OOC games. Tennessee and SC are the closest non-ACC P5 teams. The next closest are probably Georgia and WVU.

*Hide yo playbooks*

I don't want to get too deep into another OOC discussion, but yeah, I really hope once we roll out of these awful games with Army, Liberty, and UConn we can start scheduling more games with teams like Ole Miss in 2027 and beyond.

It would seem that proximity hasn't always been the driving force in scheduling OOC P-5 opponents though. I have no interest in having WVU or Tennessee in W-S, and Tennessee seems pretty unlikely for the next 20 years.

With the goal of taking the next step as a program, I think Stanford is a helpful comparison. Their future OOC opponents are Notre Dame, Hawaii, BYU, TCU, Vanderbilt, and BC. They're scheduling winnable games against legitimate competition, and I'm sure their players don't hate the prospect of traveling to Hawaii 2 out of the next 4 seasons.

Our schedules are clearly improving. We have Vandy the next two seasons, then Ole Miss the two after that. We also have a home and homes with Purdue and ECU in the future. I'd much rather play App or ECU than Utah State.

ETA: I would love to schedule a series with South Carolina, and I would absolutely travel to that game.

UCF would be a good opponent once they get into the Big XII.

It would be smart to add some FL games to the slate especially if the new rotation doesn’t regularly include Miami.

Has WF announced any OOC opponents since Currie took over? Maybe ECU in 2027/2028 and GA State in 2029/2030?

FWIW, WF's OOC schedule is full through 2026 (and WF plays Army every year, but one... barf). In 2027 and 2028, looks like the one opening would be an FCS team. So, not a lot of room to be creative in the near term, unless we get out of some scheduled games....

Link: https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/wake-forest/

It's been discussed, but agreeing to a series with Liberty was a horrible decision.

It's been discussed, but agreeing to a series with Liberty was a horrible decision.

Yeah, but if Wake can curb stomp a Malik Willis-less team in central Virginia, it can't be bad for recruiting.

Yeah, but if Wake can curb stomp a Malik Willis-less team in central Virginia, it can't be bad for recruiting.

Any better than curb stomping UVa or ODU?

The state of Minnesota only has one D1 football program and Virginia has 14.

How do we feel about Claiborne’s chances to see the field next year? Ellison/Turner will most likely start- will Claiborne get looks over Cooley?

Back