• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

Where are we wrt to headcount? Do we have any more open positions for a top NIL get in case we get lucky?

Where are we wrt to headcount? Do we have any more open positions for a top NIL get in case we get lucky?
Since Clark and Reid are Grey shirting (🤮) we are actually at the limit right now. I don't know if guys like Ranson or Elmonus actually need to say whether or not they are returning, so we will find out about them in a couple months. Both would seem to be the type of player Clawson was talking about with regards to being here 4 or 5 years who have not yet having found a place, and maybe it's time to move on.

Banks has still not signed and is doing visits at Big Ten schools. This week was Nebraska. Is he 100% certain as gone?

Banks has still not signed and is doing visits at Big Ten schools. This week was Nebraska. Is he 100% certain as gone?
Yes, the wait is likely due to not having done his visit to Michigan yet, because ya know the whole preparing for the national championship thing. He was also offered by Miami this week.

But hey, what about we go after Taulia Tagovailoa, maybe he can provide some competition for Hank and Kern. Clawson did say he wanted someone with game experience.

Hell of a player to be named later in the Billy Edwards trade.

I wonder if Clawson regrets locking up Hank so soon. He could have gone after some players who weren’t grad transfers but could still go pro after a big season in their 3rd or 4th year. Then fall back on a player comparable to Hank.

Hell of a player to be named later in the Billy Edwards trade.

I wonder if Clawson regrets locking up Hank so soon. He could have gone after some players who weren’t grad transfers but could still go pro after a big season in their 3rd or 4th year. Then fall back on a player comparable to Hank.
I don't think Clawson wanted the potential of a big roadblock in front of Hecklinski. A guy with eligibility beyond 2024 would be just that. Also, getting upperclassmen undergraduates into Wake and eligible can be difficult.

I don't think Clawson wanted the potential of a big roadblock in front of Hecklinski. A guy with eligibility beyond 2024 would be just that. Also, getting upperclassmen undergraduates into Wake and eligible can be difficult.

Looked like Hecklinski got concussed in the game today. :(

And we wonder why guys opt out of bowl games....it's almost like football is violent and your career can be gone in an instant.

likely one scholarship left (barring any departures in the spring)

Pitt just signed the blue chip freshman QB transfer from Bama. I really can’t help but feel like Clawson is getting boatraced in the portal this year.

Pitt just signed the blue chip freshman QB transfer from Bama. I really can’t help but feel like Clawson is getting boatraced in the portal this year.

I have forever HATED the playing time card as it gets tossed out to explain WFU recruiting. No one who will help is afraid of competing against some of the rosters we have trotted out there recently. It probably drives me crazier than any other thing around WFU sports, particularly now that I rarely read anything related to that moron Wellman. But in this case (QB) I see why we want to be cautious.

I also know that one of my favorite transfers in was Roberts. I would take an entire defense of Roberts. And he wasn't heralded as a blue-chip.

We'll see next year, but I feel OK about our portal work so far.

Back