• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Green Bay decides they don't need Davante Adams to beat the Falcons last night. Take another week off - we got this.

Aaron Rodgers is annoying, but pretty impressive to put up that stat line with an anonymous receiving corp

NFL getting salty though. Threatening teams with loss of draft picks and game forfeitures if they cause schedule disruption.

Meh I've soured on Rodgers a few years ago due to his antics. I'm just ready for the Jordan Love era to start. I for one loved our draft. Huge Love and Dillon guy.

Packers fans over 30 have such a weird love/hate relationship with Rodgers.

Yeah, I don't get it. Dude is still 1 of the top 3 QBs in the game, and for a few to several years running was the best QB in the game.

He isn't Brett Favre.

Without looking at stats, I think he’s better than Favre. I’d trust him to win a game more than Favre. They’re both all time greats.

he's no doubt better than Favre and has single-handedly kept the Packers relevant for over a decade

Without looking at stats, I think he’s better than Favre. I’d trust him to win a game more than Favre. They’re both all time greats.

I agree as well. Favre had the better personality, but Rodgers is the superior QB. He's more mobile, is more accurate and doesn't throw as many picks.

he's no doubt better than Favre and has single-handedly kept the Packers relevant for over a decade

Yeah. Here is the list of Packers All-Pros since Rodgers became a starter:

OT David Bakhtiari (2018)
QB Aaron Rodgers (2011, 2014)
FB John Kuhn (2014)
DB Charles Woodson (2009, 2011)
LB Clay Matthews (2010)

Rodgers led the Packers to a win last night by throwing 3 TD passes to Robert Tonyan. Yes, that Robert Tonyan, the undrafted free agent that the Lions released.

Would get the desire to move-on from Rodgers if he was showing signs of slipping, but the Packers are 4-0 and he has 13 TDs and no INTs. Enjoy while it lasts.

Washington benches Haskins. Going with Kyle Allen.

#15 pick. Bust.

Terrible situation for Haskins. He hasn't even started 10 games in his pro career and his numbers are better than Danny Dimes and Sam Darnold. He's been badly mismanaged since he showed up in DC and now Rivera has no incentive to play him since he didn't draft him. He probably should have sat all last year and he didn't get a real offseason this year.

I think it might be a little early to call him a bust, but he does need to move on from the Washington Football team.

Washington benches Haskins. Going with Kyle Allen.

#15 pick. Bust.

Wow, that's quick. You'd think they'd want a larger sample size before calling him a bust. Now, if Allen plays better and they win some games, they probably won't be in a position to draft 1 of next year's top 3. Or maybe Rivera has a different plan and wants a reunion with Cam. Then Indy and NE can fight it out for possible trades for Rodgers and Stafford. Gonna be another intriguing QB offseason.

Yeah, the decision to bench Haskins seems premature, given the Rivera coaching change in the off-season, there were no OTAs, no pre-season, and Haskins only played a 7 games last year. Given those circumstances, benching Haskins after 4 games this year is questionable. In his one season plus 4 games, Haskins has already had 3 head coaches and 3 different offensive systems. Plus, the surrounding cast outside of Terry McLaurin is awful. Would be hard for any QB to develop given that environment.

That said, Rivera wasn't here when Haskins was drafted, and there have been signals that Rivera was never on-board with him. Also, since the NFC East is so pathetic, any team that can scratch out 6 wins has a chance to slide in the playoffs, and I guess Kyle Allen may give the WFT a slightly better chance to win games now. FWIW, Haskins wasn't just benched; he has been placed behind both Kyle Allen (who will start this week) and Alex Smith. When/if Kyle Allen starts throwing picks, Alex Smith's amazing comeback will have come full circle.

Back