• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Admittedly I was tired but i thought it was close and thought the call would stand. There have been a few of those types of fumbles and I think players are pretty aware of them and are quick to try to get the clear recovery in the event it’s called incomplete on the field. Cam had one against Arizona in the playoffs several years back (not the SB year) that I swear went 20 yards.

From Peter King's column

Michael Irvin’s suit. On the Thursday night post-game show on NFL Network, Irvin, making a gutsy fashion call, went with the shiny black shirt, shiny black tie, light charcoal blazer with black and pink striping. I’m no Joseph Abboud. In fact, as I write this, I’m wearing a Wake Forest T-shirt and a black gym shorts. But charcoal and black and pink on black and black . . . Love you Mike, but that doesn’t work in American society.

So not only do the Vikings go for it instead of taking an 8 point lead, they also blitz Russell Wilson instead of dropping 8. Wild shit. Terrible coaching IMO

Going for 2 was 100% the right decision, IMO. If you pick up 6 inches, the game is over and you get to kneel it out. If you don't get it, they still have to go 94 yards for the TD to beat you.

If you go for the FG and miss it (unlikely, but always a possibility with Dan Bailey), they have to go 88 yards for the TD to beat you. If you make the field goal, they most likely have to go 75 yards for the TD, get the 2-pointer, and you go to OT against a superior team on the road.

I can't find any in-depth analytics, but per this link, Minnesota's win probability was 98% by going for it and 97.8% by kicking the field goal. No doubt Zimmer will be under fire for this decision, however, and I think that kind of criticism illustrates why so many coaches are so regressive, conventional and conservative in their decision-making.

Going for 2 was 100% the right decision, IMO. If you pick up 6 inches, the game is over and you get to kneel it out. If you don't get it, they still have to go 94 yards for the TD to beat you.

If you go for the FG and miss it (unlikely, but always a possibility with Dan Bailey), they have to go 88 yards for the TD to beat you. If you make the field goal, they most likely have to go 75 yards for the TD, get the 2-pointer, and you go to OT against a superior team on the road.

I can't find any in-depth analytics, but per this link, Minnesota's win probability was 98% by going for it and 97.8% by kicking the field goal. No doubt Zimmer will be under fire for this decision, however, and I think that kind of criticism illustrates why so many coaches are so regressive, conventional and conservative in their decision-making.

I agree. They should have went for it and the way they had been moving the football, I thought they would get it pretty easily.

The bad decision was running to the right on the 4th down play. Minnesota was gashing Seattle running to the left.

The bad decision was running to the right on the 4th down play. Minnesota was gashing Seattle running to the left.

More like not running it further right. He ran it right into defenders when there was a massive gap just to the right and he could have walked in.

cville- Now is probably a good time to walk back the SF commentary.

Woof.

I almost wagered on them today. Ha.

SF is too banged up right now. Same with Philly. Still think both would be good teams if healthy.

My big question is what is up with KC's offense the last 2 weeks. They crushed my Ravens and then looked like complete shit against the Pats and Raiders.

Well only one game tonight, not two as one is postponed for a second time. And a Tuesday game.

Last edited:
I was surprised they didn’t review the first Metcalf reception in the end zone.

More like not running it further right. He ran it right into defenders when there was a massive gap just to the right and he could have walked in.

Yeah, that too. As a life long Vikings fan last night was par for the course.

SF is too banged up right now. Same with Philly. Still think both would be good teams if healthy.

My big question is what is up with KC's offense the last 2 weeks. They crushed my Ravens and then looked like complete shit against the Pats and Raiders.

SF is 2-0 at MetLife Stadium this year and 0-3 everywhere else.

They suck. I know they have injuries that are making them suck, but so do a lot of teams. They suck.

how is it that philly is always the most injured team in the league every single year

I kinda dig the Chargers. Good young QB, best unis in the league.

I kinda dig the Chargers. Good young QB, best unis in the league.

Yeah. I used to consistently root for them back in the Brees/LT days. Then they got Rivers and screwed over Brees and it became harder to root for them. Rivers sucks so much. I can root for this Chargers team despite bailing on San Diego.

Back