• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Wentz may be way better but that’s not saying much.

Who out of these qb’s does wentz have a higher ceiling then?

Mahomes, Lamar, Allen, burrow, Herbert, Watson? And that’s just the afc not counting tua who has a higher ceiling imo or any player who is arguably better (Carr/tannehill) or any incoming rookie.

Wentz may be better than tru but he is not close to being worth the value rumored to be given up for him.

I guess Wentz has a high ceiling because he's already played at a higher level to lead a team toward a Super Bowl. But he also hasn't been the same since his injury and may be an also ran who stays in that murky 20th to 35th best QB range.

Who do you all think are the top tier QBs? In no particular order, I've got these 9:

Mahomes
Brady
Jackson
Brees
Allen
Watson
Wilson
Murray
Rodgers

I could be persuaded to put Dak in there to make it an even 10. Then behind them, you've got bunch of young promising guys plus Tannehill. Then there's the rest.

Brees is still in your top 10? Yikes. He’s got more of a noodle arm than Rivers.

Who would you put ahead of him right now?

Herbert & Stafford, no doubt. Up for debate and I’m probably taking these guys over Brees - Carr & Mayfield. Toss up - Ryan & Cousins.

Yeah, right now the elite QBs are Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Watson. The rest of my top 10 would include Allen, Prescott, Stafford, Murray, Jackson and either Tannehill, Herbert or Burrow. Burrow was impressive on an otherwise bad team and worse OL before he got hurt. Brees is done and wouldn't be in my top 20.

Forgot about Burrow. He’s going to be good once he gets some protection.

Sort of interesting overview, maybe especially for folks not generally paying attention to football but planning to watch today.

Link

Twenty questions answered with links to related articles. Need to be a subscriber to the NYT.

Yeah, right now the elite QBs are Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Watson. The rest of my top 10 would include Allen, Prescott, Stafford, Murray, Jackson and either Tannehill, Herbert or Burrow. Burrow was impressive on an otherwise bad team and worse OL before he got hurt. Brees is done and wouldn't be in my top 20.

The Bengals are praying the tackle from Oregon will available when they pick at #5. Experts are talking about this kid like he's the second coming of Anthony Munoz.

Having a ceiling of being a top 5 qb is not the same as having a top five highest ceiling

Wentz has already been a top 5 qb back in 2017

2017 MVP front-runner Wentz would be right there with your top four. The big question with Wentz is whether he can get back to that level after the injuries. If not, how far below it will he be?

2017 MVP front-runner Wentz would be right there with your top four. The big question with Wentz is whether he can get back to that level after the injuries. If not, how far below it will he be?

Yeah, Wentz was a top 10 guy for a while, but after playing with no OL or WRs 2 years in a row, I think he started getting David Carr Disease this past year, especially the 2nd half of the year. Next year will be an important season for him.

MVP Prediction: Mecole Hardman

Etob3aTXcAAa99M

The fix is in. The chiefs might as well quit at half time. No way the NFL is letting Brady lose this game. Those two holding calls are BS

Mecole Hardman delivering the UGA-standard championship game performance.

Agreed on those penalties. The play with the tipped pass was so ridiculous.

Back