• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Black Monday Thread

Shanahan is gone from Washington. "relieved of his duties." Did mention the two year, $36 million cap hit that kept him a marginal player in the free agent market the past two seasons. Next guy will have a lot of money to work with. The cap hit was punishment by the NFL for the team not following the NFL "gentlemen's agreement" during the uncapped year.

My favorite Cleveland rumor is that they will hire Josh McDaniels whom GM Mike Lombardi is close with then McDaniels resurrects the Tebow experiment.

McDaniels drafted Tebow and likely had a role in bringing him to the Patriots.

Completely agree, especially after just 1 season. But the Browns will be the Browns. The universe needs balance, and the AFC needs its equivalent of Detroit.

1. Front office tries to tank season, builds worst QB situation in league, trades current assets for picks
2. Coach makes team way better than expected.
3. Team runs bad in close games, can't recover onside kick in NE, etc.
4. Instead of being happy that season ended perfectly (Tons of losses to get #4 pick yet team was pretty strong and showed huge potential outside QB), let's just blow the whole operation up
5. Hire Josh McDaniels and return to laughing stock

Completely agree, especially after just 1 season. But the Browns will be the Browns. The universe needs balance, and the AFC needs its equivalent of Detroit.

Apparently the players to a man downright hated Chud.

What? You're not a fan of the job Jim Caldwell is doing?

The single biggest mistake Harbs made this season was hiring Juan Castillo as OL coach. He tried to make road graders adapt to more of a finesse zone scheme. And it took too darn long for him to admit his mistake and revert to their prior scheme. The OL was a complete mess and was terrible with the run and pass. Caldwell got us through the playoffs last year but showed he isn't a play caller this year. He was hampered by the OL, but reportedly opposing defenses were often able to diagnose what we were running. He's a fine QB coach and a good guy, and I'm perfectly happy keeping him as a QB coach and asst HC or something. But he shouldn't be calling plays next year.

My favorite Cleveland rumor is that they will hire Josh McDaniels whom GM Mike Lombardi is close with then McDaniels resurrects the Tebow experiment.

So the Mistake by the Lake would just continue. Smart moves. In a Browns sort of way. I mean, even Jacksonville said no fucking way.

1. Front office tries to tank season, builds worst QB situation in league, trades current assets for picks
2. Coach makes team way better than expected.
3. Team runs bad in close games, can't recover onside kick in NE, etc.
4. Instead of being happy that season ended perfectly (Tons of losses to get #4 pick yet team was pretty strong and showed huge potential outside QB), let's just blow the whole operation up
5. Hire Josh McDaniels and return to laughing stock

Good post. With a good offseason, the Browns would have been everybody's sleeper next year.

Lombardi used to shit on Tebow all the time when he was on the BS Report. Don't see that happening.

16/32 new coaches the last 2 years

Crazy that Jason Garrett has survived this trend. Actually, with JJ at the helm, nothing is crazy. My [said reluctantly] Cowboys need to fire everyone.

Garrett has been in Dallas 11 of the last 14 years. He's Jerry's Lobo.

I don't think Jason is the problem in Dallas. We need a defense and some players that don't get hurt.

Back