• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Black Monday Thread

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 54s
Lions let go of Jim Schwartz.

So that leaves Joe Philbin, Dennis Allen, Jason Garrett and Mike Munchak as the coaches who still might be fired. All except Philbin stay would be my guess.

I wouldn't fire Philbin, Phins were much better than expected and lack any sort of running game.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hire Philbin, Phins were much better than expected and lack any sort of running game.

They ended the season with losses to the Bills and Jets where one win would have gotten them to the playoffs. Combine that with the Incognito-Martin situation and it's pretty easy to justify cleaning house.

Shanahan is gone from Washington. "relieved of his duties." Did mention the two year, $36 million cap hit that kept him a marginal player in the free agent market the past two seasons. Next guy will have a lot of money to work with. The cap hit was punishment by the NFL for the team not following the NFL "gentlemen's agreement" during the uncapped year.

Still love the fact the Skins got a cap hit during an uncapped year.

Please let Chicago announce that Mel Tucker is gone. The Bears D this year was one of the worst in the history of the NFL. It was a statistician's dream. You had to go back 50+ years in many cases to find worse defensive stats. Go back to Jacksonville, sMel.

They ended the season with losses to the Bills and Jets where one win would have gotten them to the playoffs. Combine that with the Incognito-Martin situation and it's pretty easy to justify cleaning house.

For sure, there are plenty of reasons to ditch. I just think he turned a terrible situation into a decent recovery, obviously it wasn't enough but I would give him another year.

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!

731f76dd05eee09c04f5b8365f13770c-top-gun-high-five.gif

Lions need to make an inspired hire like the Tigs did.

I keep harping on discipline, but I'd settle for someone not dumb.

For sure, there are plenty of reasons to ditch. I just think he turned a terrible situation into a decent recovery, obviously it wasn't enough but I would give him another year.

Miami had a bad OL to begin with, then lost their best lineman in the inappropriately named Incognito. I think Philbin did a pretty good job considering what he had offensively. Though not as good a job as Sexy Rexy. To win 8 games with that offense was a miracle. Took him off the dead man walking list.

Any chance Snyder gives Zorny or Robiskie another crack at this?

If I were a coach, ain't no way I'd want to work for Snyder or Jerruh. Though Shanahan is greatly to blame for the huge mess that was Washington this year, Snyder also bears responsibility for the mess. Snyder seems to have learned not to play GM, but he still needs to learn not to be chummy with players and interfere with his coaches. Houston and Detroit are the jobs you'd want to have this year. Houston especially - they have a good D and won the Teddy Bridgewater Sweepstakes. Teddy looks like the only near sure thing of the QBs who'll be drafted in the 1st round.

Back