• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Black Monday Thread

The Broncos' personnel folks take a good bit of the responsibility for the success of the Broncos offense.

Which they should do as human beings with their own legitimate self-interest, but any rival NFL front office that doesn't realize that Peyton was, is, and continues to be de facto head coach and offensive coordinator of that team deserves whatever it gets.

Did any of you all watch the Skins presser? What a disaster.

With Shanny gone Bruce Allen is elevating himself to having final authority on player personnel. No external GM going to be brought in. Allen is going to pick the new coach. Given that Allen is basically a puppet for Snyder, we are basically one step away from Dan breaking down game tape and picking which free agents he wants to sign. Disaster franchise.

With Shanny gone Bruce Allen is elevating himself to having final authority on player personnel. No external GM going to be brought in. Allen is going to pick the new coach. Given that Allen is basically a puppet for Snyder, we are basically one step away from Dan breaking down game tape and picking which free agents he wants to sign. Disaster franchise.

It's working well in Dallas.

Allen is the cap guy, Morocco Brown and Campbell will see their roles increased per the PC. The HC chosen will dictate whether or not you're right IMO.

Jay Gruden is the name I'm hearing the most.

1) The Cowboys lost 5 games by a total of 8 pts. Garrett is the only guy who will put up with Jerry long term. 2) Chud could end up at the U (his alma matre), if Golden goes to Happy Valley. 3) Philbin could be cut because of the Ingognito stuff. The NFL probably went easy on the team because the owner said he would clean house after the season. 4) I think the best job out there is Minnesota. Cleveland is in the toughest division and has the furthest to go. 5) If you put Bill O'Brian and Teddy Bridgewater in Houston, you'll have a KC-like turnaround.

Allen is the cap guy, Morocco Brown and Campbell will see their roles increased per the PC. The HC chosen will dictate whether or not you're right IMO.

Jay Gruden is the name I'm hearing the most.

My impression was the Campbell would handle the draft and Brown would handle free agency but they would both report to Allen. Jason Reid and others pressed Allen on his exact new role but he very much balked. He was definitely the Cap guy under Shanny when Shanny was shopping for the ingredients but I got a sinking feeling Bruce will be taking on an increased role.

As a Skins fan I'd feel much more comfortable if they brought in an external football guy to be GM.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43s
Former Bears HC Lovie Smith is considered the favorite for the Buccaneers HC job, based on multiple league sources.

I want Detroit to hire a coach with a good history with QBs and then draft someone like Tahj Boyd and coach him up for a couple seasons under Stafford.

My short list would be O'Brien, Wisenhunt, Lovie, McDaniels

Understand Danny boy is trying to pick Jerry Jones' brains......:)...that's been a huge success in Big D!

Understand Danny boy is trying to pick Jerry Jones' brains......:)...that's been a huge success in Big D!

Sorry...did not see Deac94's post.....

Geez, I was joking about McDaniels earlier.

Hard to know how to feel about McDaniels. He has had a lot of success in everywhere but Denver, was it just a bad situation or has he just hitched his horse on solid wagons.

My short list would be O'Brien, Wisenhunt, Lovie, McDaniels

i would love somebody like chip kelly who would spread the offense out even more than this year's lions and use stafford like foles, getting the ball out quickly and using the RBs properly

someone who sees the assets and uses them, knows the rules of the league, and makes his players follow them, and values taking care of the football

not sure i trust ford to make a great hire

Sorry...did not see Deac94's post.....

Whodat?

And don't worry- no one pays attention to my posts. That's why we're in this situation.

5) If you put Bill O'Brian and Teddy Bridgewater in Houston, you'll have a KC-like turnaround.

I just don't see it. Many people have been acting like Houston is only a coach and a QB away from being a good team again. Supposedly the current Texans team is full of talent, I guess.

But teams who lose 14 straight games typically lose because they aren't talented enough. Outside of a handful of standout players (J.J. Watt, Andre Johnson), the Texans lineup is just a bunch of "guys." The 2011 Texans team was incredibly deep and talented, but most of that talent has been pissed away through terrible cap management and drafting.

Making matters worse is that Houston has the #1 pick in a year without a good QB. If it's at all possible, the Texans should make a St. Louis Rams trade and take current and future picks while moving down. Their current cap picture is brutal, and there are holes all over the field. Anything that sets the team up for success in 2016 is the right course, imo.

If it's at all possible, the Texans should make a St. Louis Rams trade and take current and future picks while moving down. Their current cap picture is brutal, and there are holes all over the field. Anything that sets the team up for success in 2016 is the right course, imo.

I agree with this, I am also not sold on Bridgewater. I think there are a lot of viable QB options that will be available in round 2-3. Texans have a good line for the run game but are terrible in pass protection. If they could trade down and land Taylor Lewan I think that would be amazing.

I agree with this, I am also not sold on Bridgewater. I think there are a lot of viable QB options that will be available in round 2-3. Texans have a good line for the run game but are terrible in pass protection. If they could trade down and land Taylor Lewan I think that would be amazing.

The problem is that nobody in their right mind should trade for the #1 pick this year. The cap hit of the #1 pick isn't very attractive, and absent a franchise QB there's no type of player that's really worth the pick. Clowney may be the safest pick in this draft, but no single defensive player creates wins in the way a good QB can. Hell, J.J. Watt received other-worldly grades by PFF this year. Lot of good that did the Texans.

The problem is that nobody in their right mind should trade for the #1 pick this year. The cap hit of the #1 pick isn't very attractive, and absent a franchise QB there's no type of player that's really worth the pick.

So we should fully expect the Browns to make this move!

Back