• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Conference Championships Thread

Actually could pass for a Peter King article

I'm a 42 year old white dude, and I freaking love Richard Sherman. Good to see someone finally speak their mind. The cliche answers we hear over and over are just boring.

headshot2.jpg

Richard Sherman is awesome. I'm glad that he pisses off donks. I saw an interview with Charles Barkley once saying how he thinks its stupid when people get riled up over the arrogance of some superstar athletes. He went on to say that lots of times the only difference between two professional athletes is that one of them has convinced himself that he's the absolute best at what he does in the world and leaves no room for doubt in his own mind. Normal folks see that attitude and get all riled up, but that mental approach is what sets them apart. Sherman is better at football than anyone on this thread and all the racist facebook idiots will ever be at anything.

Also, hard to argue with this:
http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-explains-what-people-mean-when-they-cal-1506821800

Reactions: ONW
Richard Sherman is awesome. I'm glad that he pisses off donks. I saw an interview with Charles Barkley once saying how he thinks its stupid when people get riled up over the arrogance of some superstar athletes. He went on to say that lots of times the only difference between two professional athletes is that one of them has convinced himself that he's the absolute best at what he does in the world and leaves no room for doubt in his own mind. Normal folks see that attitude and get all riled up, but that mental approach is what sets them apart. Sherman is better at football than anyone on this thread and all the racist facebook idiots will ever be at anything.

Also, hard to argue with this:
http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-explains-what-people-mean-when-they-cal-1506821800

I would love to have a good public dialog about the word "thug" replacing the n-word in modern discourse.

A certain white center who played basketball for our fine university was very frequently called a thug for his on and off court behavior.

Colin Cowherd relayed a story this morning about Sherman going back to his HS unannounced and went to the weight room. The varsity team is there, and he asks "who wants to play in the NFL?" Everybody raised their hand. He then asked "how long is the average NFL career?" 3.5 years. "Follow that dream, but plan for the other 50 years after."

NFL just released the final play on Mic'd Up. Sherman ran over to Crabtree, gave him the butt pat, reached out his hand and said "hell of a game" twice before Crabtree put his hand in his face. Pretty much exactly what Sherman's story has been the whole time.

NFL just released the final play on Mic'd Up. Sherman ran over to Crabtree, gave him the butt pat, reached out his hand and said "hell of a game" twice before Crabtree put his hand in his face. Pretty much exactly what Sherman's story has been the whole time.

I love Sherman, but that was a dick move and he knew it.

I don't mind him doing it, but the guy knew full well what he was doing there.

Yea he knew he was being a punk to Crabtree. Knew he was micd up and how it would sound after the fact. Still like him though

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

LOL Wake fans. Too many us think our athletes should be Rhodes Scholars and the athletes that beat us can't read.

This wasn't some PR puff piece. It was an earnest first person account from a great player. Go to Twitter or the FOX News message boards with that mess.

well said

Same thing he did to Harbaugh in Week 2 when he sprinted down to pat him on the backside, immediately turned and sprinted the other way before Harbaugh could even turn around and then went directly to the presser to complain about Harbaugh "snubbing" him postgame. It's all calculated.

Same thing he did to Harbaugh in Week 2 when he sprinted down to pat him on the backside, immediately turned and sprinted the other way before Harbaugh could even turn around and then went directly to the presser to complain about Harbaugh "snubbing" him postgame. It's all calculated.

Crabtree had plenty of time to take the high road. He choked. Glad you were around to take your medicine.

Sorry to disappoint. Not gonna come here and listen to junk from Panthers fans the week after we beat them.

Not sure what my above quote had to do with Crabtree either.. Just pointing out that Sherman has done stuff like this before to get a rise out of people.

Sorry to disappoint. Not gonna come here and listen to junk from Panthers fans the week after we beat them.

Not sure what my above quote had to do with Crabtree either.. Just pointing out that Sherman has done stuff like this before to get a rise out of people.

It just doesn't help your argument about not being a bandwagon fan when you can't stick around to take shit from everyone else when things don't go well. tua manned up. You chickened out.

Sorry to disappoint you. I never post during games and just got back from Charleston late last night. Wasn't aware I needed to check in and take my medicine. Was too busy drinking away my sorrows to check in on the internet. Thanks for the concern though.

Back