• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Where did you see that? I'm pretty sure they can cut ties with him before March or so.

They did that last May, but they can still let him walk up until mid March. Money is currently only guaranteed against injury

Tenn shit-canned Mularkey this morning, from what i am told.

It was jolting to see "Tenn and Mularkey Discussing Extension" article followed by the "Mularkey Fired" stuff. What a turn about in a few hours.

Who knows what the deal is with the AFC South? On paper, a healthy AFC South could be very dangerous. Three talented QBs.

Who knows what the deal is with the AFC South? On paper, a healthy AFC South could be very dangerous. Three talented QBs.

And the one team without one of those three qbs is in the AFC championship.

To be fair, the team that made the AFC championship managed to draw Mike Tomlin to get there, which is akin to facing a team led by Jeff Fisher or Tony Romo.

Underrated play in the game was the Vikes stuffing Kamara on 3rd & 1 preventing the Saints from running out the clock. If the Vikes don't do that then Marcus Williams never happens.

Really smart use of timeouts by Zimmer too. Everything he did worked out, a far cry from Payton's whack challenges and non-challenges

At least everyone with a NFL interest has a chance to pull for a good guy in the Super Bowl with 3 of the 4 teams never winning before.
Vikings 0-4
Eagles 0-2
Jags 0-0
Also futures
Vikings-Pats pick ‘em
Patriots-Eagles -6.5
Vikings-Jaguars -6
Jaguars-Eagles -2.5

Vegas does seem to think the Vikes would have a legit home-field advantage in the SB even after all the tix go to people who aren't fans of the team.

Would be fascinating to see how many Vikes fans would wind up in the stadium under that scenario. I imagine many will pay absurd amounts with no need to fork over $$ for travel or hotels

Pats are -3 over the Vikings at my book.

I saw it closer to a pick 'em before the games this weekend.

Vegas does seem to think the Vikes would have a legit home-field advantage in the SB even after all the tix go to people who aren't fans of the team.

Would be fascinating to see how many Vikes fans would wind up in the stadium under that scenario. I imagine many will pay absurd amounts with no need to fork over $$ for travel or hotels

Especially going up against Pats fans who have been there 7 times in the last 15 years already, and Minnesota isn't exactly a "sexy" Super Bowl location (like New Orleans/Miami/San Diego).

Pats will be at least -3 after this Sunday because I believe Belichick isn't going to let Fournette go for 150+ and allow big gains on dump off passes. He's going to make Bortles throw to his WRs, and Bortles doesn't do a good job of that. Think the Pats will win easily in Foxboro, whereas Minn will have a tough, low scoring game in Philly. That said, I think Minn has a good shot to beat the Pats. Philly sans Wentz, not so much.

Jags vs either NFC team could be a good game (but the jags aint beating Brady). Pats vs vikings has the potential to be pretty good, pats vs eagles=bloodbath

If the Jags can concuss Brady early on, I think they have a good chance. Beyond that, I'm not sure they can score enough points (I know they just put up 45 on Pittsburgh). No idea which way I'll wager, though... 9 points is a lot.

I was all over Philly as a home dog last week, but not sure about this week's game against the Vikings. Can't imagine it will be a pretty game.

No real feel for either result right now.

Back