• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I read an article about how the blue print the eagles copied was actually from the week 4 Panthers game. The patriots (because they are slow) and have communication issues (not helped by no butler) were never actually fixed in the season but more masked. To unmask them the Eagles ran bunch formations which exposed the defense.

After the first couple games of the season the Pats really did face a barrage of shitty or inefffective offenses. Masked indeed

Brees and Brady have the exact same number of career TD passes. Brees has 68 more INTs, though.

Future? Palma and 2&2 have the exact same number of career good takes. Palma has 68 more hot takes though.

I do wonder what Brees would have done in Brady's position. I don't think they're less successful.

Just did a sporcle quiz of all of the Super Bowl winning QBs... It was a lot easier than I expected going in. There really are only a handful of random guys on the list.

Also did Super Bowl losing QBs... That was tougher, especially when you go way back.

Brees probably would have won a bunch of SBs because Brees and Brady are both all time great QBs.

Apparently one guy, Bettor X made over $10M betting on the Eagles. He is well known as one of the top MMA bettors.

Additionally, there is a story that Vegas lost more yesterday than all but two other Super Bowls.

If Palma wants to make a stats argument, Rodgers is the comparison, not Brees. And Brady is GOAT with 5 Super Bowls. End of story.

Apparently one guy, Bettor X made over $10M betting on the Eagles. He is well known as one of the top MMA bettors.

Additionally, there is a story that Vegas lost more yesterday than all but two other Super Bowls.

Bettor X reportedly made a big bet on the Astros before the World Series.

Pretty much a worse case scenario for sports books (except for the middle in the Steelers/Cowboys super bowl) on Sunday as: the public loves overs, the public generally will take the underdog on the money line, and on the prop bets,pretty much every bet on "over" the yardage, completion, reception or TD totals won. So, yes a bad day for the books, but when a bettor has a bad streak, he must also deal with the vig; when the books have a bad streak, the vig helps offset the losses.

If Palma wants to make a stats argument, Rodgers is the comparison, not Brees. And Brady is GOAT with 5 Super Bowls. End of story.

using super bowls as the determining factor for ranking QBs is ludicrous

The only thing I took away from the game is that I never want to hear Cris Collinsworth call another football game again.

*turns, takes 3 steps, dives for endzone* "I'm not too sure about it at this point, but I'm going to say it's not a catch, but I just don't know." He probably thinks there is a way the Patriots can come back still.

Agree. Every time he was certain, he was wrong! Or, so it seemed.

using super bowls as the determining factor for ranking QBs is ludicrous

Agree. It's a convenient short cut. Look at Peyton Manning. An all-time great QB, but the Broncos won the 2016 Super Bowl in spite of him; there were probably at least 15 QBs better than Manning that year, but the Bronco defense was stacked; so they won it all by shutting all their opponents down. Same with Elway at the end of his career, when there were far better QBs in the league at the time, but the Broncos were finally good enough to win it all. There are a ton of great QBs (Marino, Fouts, Moon, Sony Jurgensen) that never had the opportunity to play on teams that had the overall talent to win Super Bowls.

Put Terry Bradshaw on the Cleveland Browns. How many rings does he have?

Rodgers isn't even a debate. He's the best QB of all time and its not even close. Brady vs Trent Green is a good debate.

Rodgers isn't even a debate. He's the best QB of all time and its not even close. Brady vs Trent Green is a good debate.

Whew. He's just trolling, folks. Nothing to see here.

Whew. He's just trolling, folks. Nothing to see here.

He certainly lead the chiefs to a better offensive performance during 2002-2005, a period in which Brady won 3 superbowls. Brady was considered a game manager until he got Randy Moss.

This is a useless conversation, Brady is the GOAT under pretty much any analysis. The real question is who is the better backup QB to take over late season and win a Super Bowl, Foles or Hostetler? I think Foles had the better game, but also faced a much weaker defense.

Back