• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Definitely not the sole basis, but definitely needs to be factored in. Mixing stats and SBs, it's Brady, no question.

don't be ridiculous. brady isn't a worse QB because david tyree pulled a catch out of his ass. brady isn't a better QB because butler made a great play against an idiotic play call.

brady is clearly one of the best QBs ever, but saying "no question" is absurd.

don't be ridiculous. brady isn't a worse QB because david tyree pulled a catch out of his ass. brady isn't a better QB because butler made a great play against an idiotic play call.

brady is clearly one of the best QBs ever, but saying "no question" is absurd.

By the same token, you can't simply break these games down to one play to diminish the accomplishments. Is it mere coincidence that Brady is there pretty much every year, and in a position for these things to happen? The debate where at the party I went to last night wasn't whether he was the greatest ever in the NFL, but whether he was the greatest of all time regardless of sport.

This is a useless conversation, Brady is the GOAT under pretty much any analysis. The real question is who is the better backup QB to take over late season and win a Super Bowl, Foles or Hostetler? I think Foles had the better game, but also faced a much weaker defense.

3 TDs to one.

373 yards to 222.

Higher completion percentage with 11 more passes.

Foles with five passes that were at least as long as Hoss' longest pass.

Tough call

By the same token, you can't simply break these games down to one play to diminish the accomplishments. Is it mere coincidence that Brady is there pretty much every year, and in a position for these things to happen? The debate where at the party I went to last night wasn't whether he was the greatest ever in the NFL, but whether he was the greatest of all time regardless of sport.

Its not coincidence, he's got the GOAT coach/GM and he's also been willing to go with a pay cut for 8 straight years so they have more salary cap room than anyone else. While that makes him a swell guy, it doesn't make him GOAT. I mean he's counting $14 mil against the cap. That's the same salary Mike Glennon gets, whereas kirk cousins is about to count $30 mil and Alex Smith $20 mil. The announcers yesterday made a point that Brady becomes just an average QB as soon as he gets hit.

Last edited:

it's not just brady is the point. this isn't basketball where one player can win games by himself (or herself) over and over and over again. for example, if brady was asked to do what aaron rodgers is forced to do he couldn't. but the entire system the patriots (belichick) have set up play off brady's strengths. he's smart as shit and ruthlessly accurate.

it also sounds like you went to a party with people who don't know anything about sports

it's not just brady is the point. this isn't basketball where one player can win games by himself (or herself) over and over and over again. for example, if brady was asked to do what aaron rodgers is forced to do he couldn't. but the entire system the patriots (belichick) have set up play off brady's strengths. he's smart as shit and ruthlessly accurate.

it also sounds like you went to a party with people who don't know anything about sports

So what you're saying is Belichick's system removes Brady from the discussion, but Jackson's system wouldn't have the same effect on Jordan's status as the greatest because there are fewer players involved? But I guess Foles being as effective as he was last night does speak to the importance of the system over the individual, so I guess there's merit to what you are saying. But damn, why you gotta be so surly, dog? My mother in law would really be hurt if she heard you questioning her knowledge of sports like that.

So what you're saying is Belichick's system removes Brady from the discussion, but Jackson's system wouldn't have the same effect on Jordan's status as the greatest because there are fewer players involved? But I guess Foles being as effective as he was last night does speak to the importance of the system over the individual, so I guess there's merit to what you are saying. But damn, why you gotta be so surly, dog? My mother in law would really be hurt if she heard you questioning her knowledge of sports like that.

matt cassel was 11-5 in belichick’s system

With a roster that went 16-0 the year before. Meh.

3 TDs to one.

373 yards to 222.

Higher completion percentage with 11 more passes.

Foles with five passes that were at least as long as Hoss' longest pass.

Tough call

Played in a completely different era with different rules. I would argue that putting up 222/1 against that Bills defense and those rules is on par, if not better than, 373/3 against that Pats defense. Plus his elusiveness in the pocket was key to that game. I don't think Foles was breathed on by the defense last night.

Largely posted in jest. I will say its impressive Foles had a higher completion percentage when the Giants strategy was clearly to hold on to the ball and play keep away, while Foles was taking tons of shots downfield (granted, lots of wide open dudes)

Saw this pop up on Facebook. Thought it was interesting.

06f9fa7f315ef887bd83569e594fb404.jpg

In a league were so many teams have terrible quarterback play....

Saw this pop up on Facebook. Thought it was interesting.

06f9fa7f315ef887bd83569e594fb404.jpg

If you had never heard of either of those guys before, based solely on this picture you'd wonder why these 2 white guys haven't had a lot of playing time over the last year.

Back