• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Someone who still doesn't throw to Jordy. First time I've ever sat a healthy first round fantasy pick.

Yeah, he's been on my bench the last couple of weeks as well. Of course I started Crabtree over him this week and that turned out...poorly.

I love my Bills, but our fans (as some members of Bills Mafia prove each Sunday, as entertaining as it is) are idiots.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/26/t...&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_si

They want Tyrod to "take more risks." To whom? We have no deep threat. The front office has made it clear that TT isn't in next year's plans. Who are we going to sign? What FA QBs are out there? Alex Smith? He doesn't take risks despite having a few of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL.

Probably could quote this bucket’s take the last three years despite the final season outcome.

Not really - most years you have 5-6 teams with double digit Ws. This year it's especially awful. There are only 2 teams that you can say with a straight face that they're good - NE & Pitt. And even then, Pitt has had a few stinkers and has some significant locker room issues. Going into the season, there were several other teams who you reasonably could have thought they'd be good - Mia, Bal, Cin, Hou, Ind, KC, Oak & Den. But they've all fallen apart for 1 reason or another. The 1 I'm having a hard time figuring is KC.

Are we sure the Pats are contenders?

They’ve beaten NO, HOU, TB, NYJ, ATL, LAC, DEN, OAK, and MIA.

Atlanta and NO are the only good wins there.

They have the Steelers, Bills x 2, Jets, and Dolphins left on their schedule. It’s insane how easy it is.

They’ll strut to the AFC championship obviously.

They have the Steelers, Bills x 2, Jets, and Dolphins left on their schedule. It’s insane how easy it is.

Not saying NE will win the SB, but you have to consider them as contenders considering they're the favorite to get there from the AFC.

NE/PIT matchup in a few weeks will tell a lot. Also that Chargers win looks better every week.

Probably could quote this bucket’s take the last three years despite the final season outcome.
I probably do usually hate on the AFC but this year is really really bad

The freakin Jets are still in playoff contention!

I'm pretty sure they're contenders - most of the NFL is decidedly mediocre so there's not much to glean from reviewing most victories. But, going 3-1 against the best division in football is no joke. And, their only other loss was to the Chiefs who were playing in a different universe earlier this season.

They've got a bye locked up for sure. The NE @ PIT match-up will most likely decide full home-field advantage all by itself.

NE/PIT matchup in a few weeks will tell a lot. Also that Chargers win looks better every week.

Absolutely. Their defense is nice, the offense is rounding into form, and the schedule doesn't scare you.

I think they make the playoffs and make some noise.

That's weird. It's like a guy with super powers who forgot to pretend to act human.

Just got an alert that Josh Gordon made $10K a week selling weed at Baylor. I forgot he went to Baylor. What a program they were running there.

geNOPE

^
|
|
|
i got the new starting QB nickname ready for ya, 2&2

Smart move for Giants - figure out what you have. They'll play Davis Webb at some point the rest of the season too. Then they have a clue if use a top 10 draft pick on QB with Eli getting close to the end. According to ESPN they gave Eli option to start game to keep his streak alive but he declined.

No matter if you think he is ELIte, 210 straight starts in the NFL is damn impressive.

May as well play Davis Webb now. Geno has enough of a sample size to prove he isn't worthy of being above a 3rd string QB. Did they at least play Eli enough to get to 2nd or 3rd place on his consecutive game streak?

Back