• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

buffalo finally catches a pass, but bozo steps out of bounds before the catch.

my god jax has given buffalo almost every opportunity to force a turnover, but bills gonna bills.

That ball was moving but is there enough to overturn?

Yeah, that Tyrod injury looked really bad.

My wife wouldn't want me referring to her as an Ol' White Girl but she has no use for any man that gets a girl preggers and then dumps her. Brady is pond scum in her mind.

Pretty good weekend of football, except the jags/bills but even that was at least close.

I'll amend my earlier point to add that Carolina also needs help at WR. For all the crap that Cam gets, he had a great game yesterday and threw the ball great.

The unfortunate aspect of this past weekend is that we get NO @ Min next week instead of the NFC title game. That's the match-up I want to see more than any other, and I'd argue the 2 best teams now that Wentz is done.

Pats Steelers redux... hooray.

Meanwhile in the NFC, it looks like a 1998 flashback with Falcons and Vikings. Don't see that one-note Saints offense getting past Minnesota.

I just hope we get to see some more sweet concussion inducing hits this coming weekend... Really makes me feel good about all the time and energy I invest into following the NFL.

The hits on Travis Kelce and Tyrod Taylor were both awful and unnecessary.

Having said that... Early thoughts on next week:
Love PHI +2.5/3 - I am still not convinced Atlanta is any good, and it seems like everyone has just accepted that Philly is going to lose this game.
Also like JAX +7 - I don't expect them to win, but it just feels like that will be a close game.
Gun to head, I'd take Minny and NE, as well. I don't think Minny is getting enough respect at -3.5... Seems like it should be closer to 6. People just love wagering on NO for some reason. NE -13.5 is a lot of points, but TEN is not a good football team.

Bears hired Chiefs OC. Must have informed him at halftime of the game on Saturday.

dont like the hire considering the other options out there. Pace will be out in 2 years and then we get to go through this process again.

would have preferred defilippo, shurmur, or mcdaniels. but reading up on him has me slightly hopeful. If he can keep Fangio or bring in Mike Pettine as is being rumored, I would feel even better.

I just hope we get to see some more sweet concussion inducing hits this coming weekend... Really makes me feel good about all the time and energy I invest into following the NFL.

Love PHI +2.5/3 - I am still not convinced Atlanta is any good, and it seems like everyone has just accepted that Philly is going to lose this game.
Also like JAX +7 - I don't expect them to win, but it just feels like that will be a close game.
Gun to head, I'd take Minny and NE, as well. I don't think Minny is getting enough respect at -3.5... Seems like it should be closer to 6. People just love wagering on NO for some reason. NE -13.5 is a lot of points, but TEN is not a good football team.

Philly is done, way worse than the Rams with Foles at the healm; I think Atl cruises again with confidence

I kinda like the Titans to cover and the Saints to at least cover

Steelers seems like a no brainer pick enough so that I'm staying clear of it altogether

Public jumping on the Pats and Steelers early (shocker!)

Last year in the divisional round, the Pats were a 17 point favorite (may have been a record) over the Texans (Brock Osweiler was the QB - barf). Houston played well (picked off Brady twice; Clowney was a force) as the game was 17-13 at half and 24-16 in 4th quarter until Brock threw multiple picks leading to a New England 18 point win (of course). Texans last year were a better defensive team than the Titans, but Mariota is better than Osweiler (who isn't). Generally, double digit dogs cover at a high rate in the NFL, but Tennessee was on the verge of getting blown out in KC, just can't take them even with all those points.

On the Eagles as well. Everyone is down on them (first conference one seed to ever be a dog in the Divisional Round); they will use the "us against the world" motivation to play well. The Rams special teams handed the Falcons the win last week. That won't happen again.

Would lean toward the Jags because of their defense, but Bortles can be a TO machine (scary).

Don't like the NO v. Minnesota game, but would shade the Saints. Realize that Keenum has played well this year, but in the end, he is Case Keenum, and they can't run the ball. Feel like Minnesota benefitted from a bad division (GB with no Rodgers, the Bears are awful, the Lions actually won in Minnesota) and from playing teams at the right time (MN beat NO early in the season before the Saints had gotten going). Not buying the Vikes.

Back