• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I just hope we get to see some more sweet concussion inducing hits this coming weekend... Really makes me feel good about all the time and energy I invest into following the NFL.

The hits on Travis Kelce and Tyrod Taylor were both awful and unnecessary.

Having said that... Early thoughts on next week:
Love PHI +2.5/3 - I am still not convinced Atlanta is any good, and it seems like everyone has just accepted that Philly is going to lose this game.
Also like JAX +7 - I don't expect them to win, but it just feels like that will be a close game.
Gun to head, I'd take Minny and NE, as well. I don't think Minny is getting enough respect at -3.5... Seems like it should be closer to 6. People just love wagering on NO for some reason. NE -13.5 is a lot of points, but TEN is not a good football team.

did you bet the title game tonight?

I just hope we get to see some more sweet concussion inducing hits this coming weekend... Really makes me feel good about all the time and energy I invest into following the NFL.

The hits on Travis Kelce and Tyrod Taylor were both awful and unnecessary.

Implement the college targeting rule in the NFL and most of this headhunting will be eliminated.

It was a while ago, but in Week 1, the Vikings hosted the Saints (Minnesota won 29-19 with Bradford at the helm). And in Week 5, the Steelers hosted the Jaguars (Jacksonville won 30-9, intercepting Big Ben 5 times).

The Jags game over the weekend was the first time I've ever watched one of their games. Bortles missed so many easy throws that it's clear the Jags must have an all-time great defense to be in this position. He's going to get one of his receivers killed at some point.

The Jags game over the weekend was the first time I've ever watched one of their games. Bortles missed so many easy throws that it's clear the Jags must have an all-time great defense to be in this position. He's going to get one of his receivers killed at some point.

He's ungood - in the Week 5 meeting, Bortles threw for only 95 yards (including an INT), Fournette ran for 181 yards (90 yards came on one run), and the Defense had two pick-sixes & two sacks.

Implement the college targeting rule in the NFL and most of this headhunting will be eliminated.

Maybe, but the targeting rule enforcement in college football is inconsistent and takes forever.

There has to be a better way. Maybe leather helmets?

did you bet the title game tonight?

I didn’t.

I have Bama -4 in a pool where I needed to take 4 games/totals this week: KC (loss), ATL (win), ATL/LAR UNDER (win), BAMA (?)

So I liked Bama more than I liked NO or BUF last week when I picked, but not much more.

It’s more because I’m a Florida Gators fan living in Atlanta and I don’t want to be here if UGA wins a natty.

Vikings are legit and can run the ball (Murray averaged 4ypc, only bad game was vs poons)

I think that is a close game but I like the Vikes at home.

Agree that TN is going to come in and ugly the F out of the Pats game. Bad weather only helps TN. Dont think they'll win but I think it will be closer than people think.

I dont think JAX has a chance against PIT but I would really love to see JAX's pass rush put Brady's cheatin azz out to pasture once and for all.

I dont think ATL cruises but I like them in PHI, philly is good against the run but less than average against the pass. I dont think their Offense is going to be able to score. If Oline can protect Matty enough to get to 21-24 that will be all they need.

I didn’t.

I have Bama -4 in a pool where I needed to take 4 games/totals this week: KC (loss), ATL (win), ATL/LAR UNDER (win), BAMA (?)

So I liked Bama more than I liked NO or BUF last week when I picked, but not much more.

It’s more because I’m a Florida Gators fan living in Atlanta and I don’t want to be here if UGA wins a natty.

I've visited Atlanta several times, and there seems to be more UGa fans there than GT, despite the fact that GT is there.

He's ungood - in the Week 5 meeting, Bortles threw for only 95 yards (including an INT), Fournette ran for 181 yards (90 yards came on one run), and the Defense had two pick-sixes & two sacks.

If Wolford had been throwing for them, Jags might have won. Those little swing passes are what Wolford puts right on the hands of the receiver.

Demographics. GT alum aren't exactly sports fans period.

Yeah, GT fans seem to travel the worst of ACC schools with decent athletic teams. Which is far different from Va Tech, which is a pretty rabid fan base and travels well, at least when it comes to football.

Yeah, GT fans seem to travel the worst of ACC schools with decent athletic teams. Which is far different from Va Tech, which is a pretty rabid fan base and travels well, at least when it comes to football.

Difference being that VaTech is also "and State University" so lots of people in non-technical majors, whereas GaTech is just that. The GaTech geeks are too busy geeking to worry about something like football. 15K undergraduates at GaTech vs 27k at VaTech.

Back