• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

What more could they have gotten for him?
Rapoport is saying now the Browns' offer in the offseason was a "2nd rounder + change." Could've sworn Schefter reported they offered a 1st rounder, but maybe I'm misremembering. This will end up being 33 or 34, so I'm good.

Rapoport is saying now the Browns' offer in the offseason was a "2nd rounder + change." Could've sworn Schefter reported they offered a 1st rounder, but maybe I'm misremembering. This will end up being 33 or 34, so I'm good.

There was definitely a rumor for first rounder being the mimimum. I even recall first and second being floated, but never confirmed by teams. Probably pats trying to drive up market. Either way , high second rounder for two month back-up is a great get.

There was definitely a rumor for first rounder being the mimimum. I even recall first and second being floated, but never confirmed by teams. Probably pats trying to drive up market. Either way , high second rounder for two month back-up is a great get.

That's essentially a 1st round pick. There is nothing to complain about.

Bill Simmons two weeks ago on his podcast said he'd say no to two first round picks for Garoppolo. It's going to be interesting to see the contortions he undertakes to justify this.

FWIW, I have a friend who saw the Belichek punk sons get off a private plane with their Father on Nantucket. Both were wearing WHITE LIVES MATTER t-shirts, so doubt they would sign Kaep. Apparently, the whole family are assholes, not just Dad.

I was joking in the thread title. Kaep with the Boston fan base? No way.

I can't believe that the Dolphins traded Ajayi for a 4th rounder. That's a steal imo.
And if any of these other trade rumors are true I wouldn't be surprised to see the Birds make another trade before the end of the day.

The Panthers got Greg Olsen for a 4th rounder years ago. I do not see why NFL teams put so much value in draft picks.

At the time the Bears didn't use a TE because Martz was their OC. All NFL teams use RBs.

The Panthers got Greg Olsen for a 4th rounder years ago. I do not see why NFL teams put so much value in draft picks.

At the time the Bears didn't use a TE because Martz was their OC. All NFL teams use RBs.

I completely agree, but all sports are going towards getting future "assets" versus trying to win now or next year. But the NFL is the worst at this. Good starters often only command a 3rd-5th round pick. There's no guarantee you are getting a starter in those slots.

Is Jay Vajayjay even any good? He seems like one of those guys who puts up decent stats simply because somebody on the offense has to do something, and the Dolphins have absolutely nobody else.

Back