• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL preseason thread

Is it a Redskins move? Yes. Does that mean it's a bad move? No

The Redskins are NEVER winning shit as long as Snyder is the owner.....unless they hit the lottery on a franchise QB. That's literally the only way. This team isn't going to go out and build a contender from the ground up with these picks! Dan Snyder is a fucking cancer. But if RGIII is a franchise QB then even that turd can put enough pieces around him to at least be a playoff team.

This is a great move and I'd do it again tomorrow. Fuck it, throw in another first rounder just for the fuck of it.

Cowboys fan here and I hate the Skins. However they have sucked for so long that the old rivalry is no longer a rivalry. I like this move as Manning has said he isn't going anywhere where he would have to play Eli other than a super bowl (similar to Dean not wanting to ever play any of his former assistants) so getting him wasn't an option. The defense is in place in Washington and all they need is a playmaker or two. I think rolloing the dice on RGIII is the right move because if he is the real deal, the Skins will be on there way. What other options did they have?

Cowboys fan here and I hate the Skins. However they have sucked for so long that the old rivalry is no longer a rivalry. I like this move as Manning has said he isn't going anywhere where he would have to play Eli other than a super bowl (similar to Dean not wanting to ever play any of his former assistants) so getting him wasn't an option. The defense is in place in Washington and all they need is a playmaker or two. I think rolloing the dice on RGIII is the right move because if he is the real deal, the Skins will be on there way. What other options did they have?

I agree and I'm a Philly fan. They can't get any worse. Can they?

Finally, mercifully, we may have found a QB. Thank God.

I hate Snyder and I do think he is a loser. I hate winning the offseason championship every year. But I think for this team at this time, it makes a lot of sense and even
would go as far as to say it is the only option.

In this league if you want to win you must, MUST have a franchise QB. There's about ten or twelve or so teams that have one, and then there's everybody else. Sure the redskins have holes, just like a lot of teams. But they have a big fat doughnut at QB and have for a long, long time. It has gotten to the point where it became imperative to get your QB and figure everything else out later. He could be a bust, but that is just a risk you are going to have to take.

RG3 is going to be a bust.

If you're the Skins, what other choice is there? There are no free agents QB's other than Manning worth a crap. I'd rather roll the dice on RGIII instead of Matt Flynn. Because he had 1 good game this year teams are going gaga over him.

It was just a no-win situation. Manning wasn't coming here. Even if he did, people would still talk shit since we'd be bringing in another potentially washed up former star and not addressing the issue long term. That's what we've done in the past and gave up a lot of $/picks to make it happen.

I'm all in on RG3. Listening to radio around here, most started to speculate it'd have to be three first rounders after the combine. It's a heavy price, but I'm ok paying it. We haven't had a franchise QB in like 60 years. This is a QB league now more than ever and we needed to get ours. It wasn't happening unless we made this move since there was no way we'd be happy with tannehill 6th overall. Finally we have a QB to be exited about in DC!

Redskins witnessed what Cam did to them last year and wanted one of their own. I hope RGIII is playing by the time the Panthers come up here to DC this season - will definitely be getting tickets.

After the Cam situation last year I'm hesitant to trust an expert's opinions on QBs again. I thought he would be a bust and never talked myself into him until the results on the field started happening. I was super pissed Luck stayed in school and thought we were settling on Cam. Luck and RGIII may very well be studs. Bt the same dudes saying this are the ones saying Cam would be awful.

Just curious. What would you rather have, Andy Dalton plus all three #1's and this year's #2 (minus Jarvis Jenkins and prob a 6th round pick to move up from 41 to 35 last year) or RG3 ?

I'm kinda surprised that the Browns didn't offer that much or that the Cardinals didn't wait for another couple of weeks to drive the price up. On April Fool's Day, Snyder might have upped the ante to a couple more #2s and other stuff.

Browns fans have my sympathy. Franchise just cannot catch any kind of break, even when they try to manufacture one.

More appropriate here:

If you actually feel RGIII will be your legitimate franchise QB, then there is no price too high. However, if you are wrong, your team is screwed for at least 5 years while you continue to invest in him, and you as the GM are most likely gone, too.

That begs the question, would you bet your job on RGIII being your franchise QB?

Good call, Eric Mangini.

All I know is the Rams won the lottery. Now they can surround Bradford with talent. The Rams are going to quickly move to relevency like the Lions. That's not to say either team is near the top of the food chain but they are doing it the right way.

All I know is the Rams won the lottery. Now they can surround Bradford with talent. The Rams are going to quickly move to relevency like the Lions. That's not to say either team is near the top of the food chain but they are doing it the right way.

Agreed. I could defs see the Rams contending in two or three years with all of these picks, especially if the Skins struggle for the first year or to of the RGIII era or he turns into a bust.

I like Bradford and Stafford OK, but I'm still not sold on either of them being the franchise guys. And neither of their teams traded up big to get their guys, they just...sucked and got the #1 pick the old fashioned way. I do like what both programs have done SINCE getting their guy, though, I'll agree with that.

I like Bradford and Stafford OK, but I'm still not sold on either of them being the franchise guys. And neither of their teams traded up big to get their guys, they just...sucked and got the #1 pick the old fashioned way. I do like what both programs have done SINCE getting their guy, though, I'll agree with that.

The smartest move the Lions made was getting rid of the worst GM in the league.

I think you can win a SB with Stafford.

I think you can win a SB with Stafford.

He still overthrows guys all the time. I'd love to be wrong about him. I really would. Obviously, he is just an infinitely better option than Shaun Hill, Daunte Culpepper, Jon Kitna, Dan Orlavsky (UGH), Joey Harrington...ugh, he's better than anybody in my lifetime, I guess. But it's hard to overthrow guys like Calvin Johnson and he still does it all the time. I do think he's a smart QB though, and I appreciate him not taking sacks, and not (intentionally) making bad throws causing INTs. But you're right that more than we need a better QB to get to the super bowl, there are many more pieces that need to fall into place (CB, OL especially)

Back