• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL preseason thread

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/12/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-board

This is probably where WFNZ got its material, but it still baffles me that a local station would jump on this.

Interesting - Chris is projected as a mid 3rd rounder with character and work ethic issues (perhaps true in his first two years at Wake, but clearly not the case as a junior). Kyle is also projected as a mid 3rd rounder whose competitiveness was seen as an advantage. Chyl is projected as an early 7th rounder.

Another scout also questioned the way Griffin deals with people.

What?

I'm not sure if I understand your confusion. It means that scouts are saying he sucks as a person. He's selfish, feels entitled, and generally blows off people. What's not to get?

Of course, scouts could be saying this as sour grapes. That's for the audience (us) to figure out. But I don't understand your disbelief.

Anyone listen to that joke of a sports station, WFNZ in Charlotte, today? Evidently, they spent the afternoon questioning Chris Givens' character. Shit like that really pisses me off. My wife listens (I ditched that show years ago) and was fuming when she got home. Complete horseshit.

It is awesome that your wife listens.

I'm not sure if I understand your confusion. It means that scouts are saying he sucks as a person. He's selfish, feels entitled, and generally blows off people. What's not to get?

Of course, scouts could be saying this as sour grapes. That's for the audience (us) to figure out. But I don't understand your disbelief.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. Do you think he's selfish, entitled, etc? This wasn't a common criticism of him during his high profile college career.

I don't know the kid personally. I believe people who do know him to the point that I hear conflicting reports. Then I ask questions.

What's with the attitude? Yours.

It is awesome that your wife listens.

My wife's a bigger sports fan than most guys I know. Her most prized possession is a signed Drew Brees football I bought her at some pizza place in West Lafayette during Brees' junior year at Purdue. She is exceptionally cool. :thumbsup:

My wife's a bigger sports fan than most guys I know. Her most prized possession is a signed Drew Brees football I bought her at some pizza place in West Lafayette during Brees' junior year at Purdue. She is exceptionally cool. :thumbsup:

It always seems to work out that way in relationships. One is exceptionally cool, and the other is Siff.

So you believe ESPN?

I mean, I'd always heard good things about Griffin as a person. He seemed like an all-around nice guy throughout his Baylor career.

I don't get how you're so surprised, Texas. What has he done before now to make you question his character?

PS - Siff's wife seems cool.

I guarantee the two scouts questioning RGIII's character have FAR worse character issues than him.

Predictions for teams with the worst record at the end of the season?

Browns are definitely up there. They could use Richardson for sure.

Re: Chris Givens...

Schottey @Schottey

I've watched a bunch of Chris Givins this week, may have developed a late mancrush

I cannot wait until that first Saints game at BoA this season. We are going to fucking murder those scumbags.

From Schefter's Twitter:

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Jets have told quarterback Tim Tebow that they plan to use him on special teams as the punt protector.

Never really thought about that option for Tebow ... but damn, he's tailor-made for that role.

Not a Jets fan but its going to be awesome watching their season unfold.

Back