• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL preseason thread

Falcons had to have a 3rd CB because Mike Nolan loves him some Nickle-Dime defenses.

Plus if you look at Atlanta's schedule, its filllllled to the brim w/ teams that love to throw.

If they can find an offensive lineman worth his salt at 55, they could be very very very good this year.

They sure got it right with Dawkins. He only made 2 more pro bowls while they went through about 8 crap safeties.

P.S. You guys do know I'm an Eagles fan, right?

They did get it right with Dawkins. He wasn't worth what the Broncos gave him, and he wouldn't have been the answer if he was still on the Eagles the past few years. They fucked up in finding a replacement, but that doesn't mean they were wrong about needing a replacement.

Late round for Samuel = 7th rounder........

Please kill me now

Trotter, Douglas, Lito etc -- the Eagles almost always get it right when it comes to replacing certain players.

The problem is, they so frequently botch who they bring in to replace them. That isn't so much a concern in this instance, but when I hear FO shills talking about how people the Eagles let go are struggling elsewhere, they so rarely realize Mark Simoneau ain't exactly lighting the world on fire either.

Celebrity flag football probably wouldn't spice it up.

I think they could still do an "Pro Bowl" weekend type thing where they can have all the guys congregate in the same city for the fans to come see them, and then do various skills competitions for all the positions to put on a show for the fans. I'd much rather watch catching competitions for the receivers, target throwing for the QBs, speed/agility races for RBs, and strength competitions for OL and DL than the crappy half-ass effort given in an actual "game"

I think they could still do an "Pro Bowl" weekend type thing where they can have all the guys congregate in the same city for the fans to come see them, and then do various skills competitions for all the positions to put on a show for the fans. I'd much rather watch catching competitions for the receivers, target throwing for the QBs, speed/agility races for RBs, and strength competitions for OL and DL than the crappy half-ass effort given in an actual "game"

Yeah, skills competitions could be cool.

Agreed

Why not do a "Hard Knocks" on the life of the Pro Bowlers who are in the playoffs and out? Follow them to Hawaii and to the playoff games, then obviously show the shit that goes down on Super Bowl week.

That would be interesting to me.

Just honor them on the Sunday before the Super Bowl at the Super Bowl site. Have three sets of activities for the Pro Bowlers.

1. OL vs. DL 7-on-7 two hand touch game. 20 minutes running clock. Let the big boys do their thing and the hilarity ensue.
2. Skills competition.
3. NFC vs. AFC 7-on-7 two hand touch game. 20 minutes running clock.

East vs. West tug of war for the linemen.

Back