• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL preseason thread

that blows. He had a good run. I would love for him to come back to Bmore.

Some team will sign him. But not Balmur. We have Leach under contract for 2 > years and signed the Clemson kid as a UDFA (and that kid has potential).

Is it just me, or are there a hell of a lot more achilles injuries lately? Back when Marino tore his, it was a rather rare injury. It now seems like we hear about athletes tearing their achilles tendons on a pretty regular basis.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or are there a hell of a lot more achilles injuries lately? Back when Marino tore his, it was a rather rare injury. It now seems like we hear about athletes tearing their achilles tendons on a pretty regular basis.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like it used to be rare for 2-3 guys to have that injury, now it's normal for 2-3 per team to have it.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like it used to be rare for 2-3 guys to have that injury, now it's normal for 2-3 per team to have it.

Bigger muscles and more offseason training = a lot more force being put on tendons. You can't strengthen a tendon.

I think the lockout has something to do with it too. Maybe not with DaQuan since it was recent, but last season guys went a long time without intense training and workouts, and then were thrown back into the nfl-level intensity, and i bet some tendons weren't stretched back out properly.

Jason Peters ruptured his achilles again after falling off his electric scooter in his kitchen.

The Panthers should sign Ovie. He's gotta be better than Fiamata (sp?) or whatever that dude's name is.

Fiammetta hasn't been on the team since September. Tolbert was signed to play fullback.

Back