• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL preseason thread

First of all you have to have noticed by now that the NFL is run like a dictatorship or a crime family. Goodell is the boss. He rules with an iron fist and does whatever he wants. He suspends people arbitrarily all the time at his own whim.

I mean I completely agree this was a massively dickish move on Goodell's part, especially the night before FA begins, but I think that was on purpose. Yeah other teams bitched but Goodell is like this is what happens when you disobey the Godfather.

The Godfather wins again.

Now the Redskins' and Cowboys' totally legitimate grievance with the NFL's unilateral salary cap penalties have been dismissed without even getting past the NFL's arbitration process. The arbitrator ruled that it wasn't, in fact, unilateral because both a supermajority of other owners and the NFLPA signed off on it, even though the league strong-armed and blackmailed everyone into going along. DC and Dallas have said they won't press their cases any further, and if Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones accept that they can't win a small battle against the tramping NFL machine, what chance do the rest of us stand?

Even though I hate both of those teams, I kind of feel bad for the Skins.

Skins (Snyder) can't win with a level playing field so they (he) tried to unlevel it in their favor. Penalties are justified despite all of the whining.

Skins (Snyder) can't win with a level playing field so they (he) tried to unlevel it in their favor. Penalties are justified despite all of the whining.

I was really just trying to shit on the Cowboys.

I guess this uncapped year business isn't completely over yet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...tion-files-suit-vs-nfl-alleges-collusion-2010

The contentious relationship between the NFL and the NFL Players Association continued Wednesday when the union filed a federal lawsuit alleging that the league and its owners conspired in collusion to establish a "secret $123 million salary cap" in 2010, which under the previous labor agreement was designated as an uncapped year of spending.

Plenty of other teams did the same exact thing including GB and Chicago. They just hit Snyder hard because they don't like his face.

The Nicks injury really sucks. Hopefully he will get back to 100% shortly into the season, as the Giants schedule is brutal. Another reason why they should have drafted Givens over the guy from LSU was to have another speed guy if Nicks goes down.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1274960

ru6ubp.jpg

The Broncos were one of the two most heavily bet teams, along with the Buccaneers, when Cantor Gaming sports books first opened their NFL Season win totals on Wednesday. Both teams were bet UNDER their posted total, which has the Broncos opening at 9 ½ wins under-120.

Sharp bettors couldn’t get enough of the UNDER and bet Denver all the way down to under-170. Part of the reason for thinking the Broncos won’t have a better record than last season rests with their schedule, the most difficult of any team this season. Not only do the Broncos have to play six tough games within the always competitive AFC West, but seven of their other 10 games are against teams that made the playoffs last season.

Carolina’s team gets upgraded in value just because they were the only team to be bet multiple times OVER the total of 7 ½ wins. Denver losing at Carolina this season would not be a shock. Cantor’s Week 10 line for the game opened at a pick’em.

A few of the other early plays that came in with less enthusiasm, but still multiple times, was the Saints being bet from 10 over-125 to under-125. The Cardinals were bet from 7 under-120 to under-140 and the Chiefs went from 8 under-110 to under-125.

The only team that saw multiple limit wagers betting OVER the total was Cam Newton’s Panthers who went from 7 ½ over-115 to over-135.

“I was a little surprised by the Saints being bet under,” said Colbert, “but I’m really shocked at the type of action that came in on the Broncos under.”

I really like the Bengals and Texans overs. Cincy has had a nice offseason, and the Texans are my bet to win the AFC and play in what is now an easy division.

Carolina at 7. Seems like a good bet. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they challenged for the South this year with NO in turmoil.

Pats under
Packers under
Eagles under
Texans over
9ers over
Saints under
Ravens push
Steelers under
Lions over
Chargers over
Broncos push
Giants push
Bears push
Falcons under
Jets under
Cowboys under
Chiefs under
Bengals over
Dolphins under
Panthers over
Bills over

Seahawks under
Titans over
Raiders under
Cardinals push
Redskins under
Rams under
Bucs under
Colts under
Jags push
Browns push

My picks, most confident 3 in bold.

ETA Vikings under. Missed them. No chance they get to 6 wins this year.

Last edited:
After the Broncos, Falcons, Texans, 49ers, Redskins, Seahawks, and Jets said no... The Dolphins said yes to Hard Knocks.

ETA: Expect a big dose of Tannehill's chick.

uspw_6214342.jpg

Last edited:
Its gonna be dong nudity if anything on Hard Knocks.

Dolphins are a great choice, wish the Falcons had done it, I think it would have been an interesting crowd.

Back