• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 17 - playoffs taking shape

YoungBuck95

Reaction score
Romo hasn't yet been ruled out officially, but consensus is that he won't go. Aaron Rodgers will start for the Packers. Will no romo have a hand in the outcome in the NFC Least? Will Rodgers win the NFC North for his pack? Who wins the NFC South? Will Seattle get a L again?

So there's still a chance for Romo to come in and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Yes! Either team gets bounced first round of playoffs.
The Bears screwed up by bringing Cutler back. McCown was solid.
Big deal that Arizona beat Seattle in Seattle. Won't happen again this year.
The Panthers win the NFC South.
Manning/Brady (again) for the AFC Championship. Book it.

So there's still a chance for Romo to come in and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Yes! Either team gets bounced first round of playoffs.
The Bears screwed up by bringing Cutler back. McCown was solid.
Big deal that Arizona beat Seattle in Seattle. Won't happen again this year.
The Panthers win the NFC South.
Manning/Brady (again) for the AFC Championship. Book it.

Agree on afc predictions. I also have a huntch that Seattle lays an egg at home and loses before the nfc championship. Their O isn't quite good enough.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

If the Seahawks go ahead and beat the Rams to get the 1 seed I hope the Panthers and 49ers both win so the Saints get the 6 seed. I figure the Eagles will beat the Cowboys so the Panthers either get the Eagles or the winner of the 4 v. 5 game. If the Saints beat the Eagles (which I personally think will happen), then the Seahawks get the Saints while the Panthers get either the Bears/Packers or the 49ers.

If the Seahawks go ahead and beat the Rams to get the 1 seed I hope the Panthers and 49ers both win so the Saints get the 6 seed. I figure the Eagles will beat the Cowboys so the Panthers either get the Eagles or the winner of the 4 v. 5 game. If the Saints beat the Eagles (which I personally think will happen), then the Seahawks get the Saints while the Panthers get either the Bears/Packers or the 49ers.

Yea, was going over this earlier...and I don't care about the #1 seed...I don't want it if it means a matchup against the Saints in the Divisional round as opposed to Philly/SF/NFC North

I completely agree. You're going to have to beat good teams to win the Super Bowl, no question, but I don't want the Saints in the round of 8.

If Orton looks great and comes out of Philadelphia with a big win, is there any chance we could see a qb controversy in Dallas?

If Orton looks great and comes out of Philadelphia with a big win, is there any chance we could see a qb controversy in Dallas?

A bunch of people will talk about it nonstop for months, and in the end Dallas won't even consider moving away from Romo.
So idk if that makes it a QB controversy or not.

A bunch of people will talk about it nonstop for months, and in the end Dallas won't even consider moving away from Romo.
So idk if that makes it a QB controversy or not.

As Barnwell noted on Grantland a few days ago, Romo signed a 7 year extension last off-season that not only pays him $21 million next season, but $41 million (!) if the Boys were to cut or trade him. So yea, Dallas is "stuck" with Romo (and I use quotes to indicate how absurd it is that more people don't realize how good he really is, notwithstanding all of the lazy narratives about "clutchiness" or how shitty Dallas's defense has been in the month of December or whatever).

He's good but not THAT good to get that kind of loyalty at his age.

I'd probably rather see the Saints again than fired up Packers with Rodgers or the Niners. I'm hoping SF and GB match up in the first round so one of them gets eliminated, and then hopefully the winner of that will have to go to Seattle

Romo is quarterback purgatory. He's good enough to get you close and get the big contract but not good enough to get you over the hump. He's also too good to dump and start over. Playing in Dallas makes that ten times worse due to the media/fan scrutiny. It's a position a lot of former GMs will tell you is the last place you want to be in.

Romo is quarterback purgatory. He's good enough to get you close and get the big contract but not good enough to get you over the hump. He's also too good to dump and start over. Playing in Dallas makes that ten times worse due to the media/fan scrutiny. It's a position a lot of former GMs will tell you is the last place you want to be in.

There's a similar purgatory for coaches.

I'd probably rather see the Saints again than fired up Packers with Rodgers or the Niners. I'm hoping SF and GB match up in the first round so one of them gets eliminated, and then hopefully the winner of that will have to go to Seattle

GB's defense is just so pathetic. I would rather play GB than anyone in the mix. I would much rather get the bye in which case GB will be already eliminated.

Garrett comes out this morning in his press conference and says "Tony Romo underwent back surgery this morning and therefore will be on the IR."

Lol...well played Cowboys, well played.

Back