• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 17 - playoffs taking shape

They're good, but they're all old. Not many players improve in their 30s.

I'm just saying that the window is shrinking quicker if that's the core group.

Pretty lazy article, if you ask me.

Romo is as good as he has ever been.
Witten is clearly still producing at an extremely high level.
Austin is on his way out and has been replaced by a bunch of young guys.
Demarcus Ware is definitely showing his age, but is still contributing in a meaningful fashion.
Anthony Spencer was on IR all year but was coming off a MONSTER season.
Jason Hatcher just had a season to rival any of the Panther's DEs.
LP Ladoucer is our long snapper and is pretty much invisible which is a good thing.

Obviously, our ability to replace them will be key, but I feel that we have done some good things with personnel under Garrett's regime. Just need to string it together at some point.

AHH DAY 1 OF THE REAL SEASON BEGINS. SUCK IT TO ALL THOSE FOOLS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND. HTTR.

image.png

oc.jpg

BcvO3MuCMAA-uQK.jpg

Shanny arrives. Traffic jam. Will he be late to his 9am meeting?

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen 48s
Mike Shanahan just arrived at #Redskins Park. Walked into team facility w/ piece of paper in his hand. Meeting supposed to start in 3 mins.

Walking the Green Mile. Won't be late.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 6m
Mike Shanahan just arrived at Redskins Park. Dan Snyder is also here. Here we go

Confirmation that Snyder is in the house. So excited. So scared.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 4m
Mike Shanahan and his staff have been fired.

Boom.

Last edited:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
The #Vikings have fired coach Leslie Frazier.

Also, come on, Browns. 1 year with Weeden, then Coach gets daggered?

Shanahan is out. Confirmed on Mike & Mike. Whole staff.

Watch DC hire Lovie Smith now.

Day 1 of offseason = first day of another season full of me yelling profanities at Jerry Jones and Co.

Only about half of Shanahan's staff was let go immediately - obviously his son (O coordinator) is gone, along with the Special Teams coach. D coordinator, secondary coach and O-line coach were kept pending selection of new Head coach. Kind of an odd thing to do. May have to do with salary structure of the assistant coaches. Danny is eating a year of Mike Shanahan salary. Danny will be putting as much money into coaches next year as anybody. Just a lot of them won't actually be coaching in Washington.

Back