• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 17 - playoffs taking shape

So the officials cost the Steelers a playoff spot.

Man, Nick Foles is one ugly ass dude. GROSS!

Agreed. Tom Petty or Napolean Dynamite? Whadya think?

Iggles fans don't care if the dude looks like Ethel Merman as long as he wins.

Tony Romo is a good lookin guy - I'll give that to ya though...

He will spend whatever it takes, though. I think the Miles Austin contract is a good example. Historically a very injury prone player but a fan favorite and a huge selling point for the franchise.

hahahahahaha

If Romo had the exact same stat line and the exact same final throw he would be roasted!

well, to be fair, orton isn't getting paid $100+ mil and hasn't started a game in what? 2 years?

Meaning that he is willing to spend, but not spend wisely, or what?

Exactly. He isn't closing the checkbook, but he isn't entrusting those that are actually good at their jobs to decide who should get the money either.

It's all a moot point. Jerry vetoed the idea of another GM a few weeks ago. He said it would just be another level of complexity because all player personnel decisions would go through him anyway.

he also holds on to guys too long. the core of dallas' team is what bill parcells put together when I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL

he also holds on to guys too long. the core of dallas' team is what bill parcells put together when I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL

Ehhhhhh, I don't know about that. The guys that are still there are the ones that are stars. Miles Austin notwithstanding.

I'm sorry guys. It would have been really funny if Kyle pulled it off, but i've already admitted that Romo is very good. Sorry. Don't be mean on the Panthers thread in two weeks.

Despite Orton channeling the Romo on that last drive tonight I think Jerry should cut him and invest the $55 million in other areas. Back injuries are tricky (think Aikman here) and Orton has shown that he capable and is a fraction of the cost...

Despite Orton channeling the Romo on that last drive tonight I think Jerry should cut him and invest the $55 million in other areas. Back injuries are tricky (think Aikman here) and Orton has shown that he capable and is a fraction of the cost...

I know you are joking, but I'll bite anyway. Cutting Romo would hit $41mm into the cap next year. He will be the QB next year, no matter what.

did any of you guys read the Romo SI article? The D is the problem.

Demarcus Ware
Jason Witten
Tony Romo
Miles Austin
LP Ladoucer
Anthony Spencer
Jason Hatcher

I don't think I'm forgetting anyone, but it is pretty obvious why all of those guys are still around.

They're good, but they're all old. Not many players improve in their 30s.

I'm just saying that the window is shrinking quicker if that's the core group.

Ok yikes. I was only half kidding. Didn't realize how much of that was guaranteed.

Back