• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 17 - playoffs taking shape

The Saints have lost 5 road games while the Niners have only lost two -- @ Seattle and @ the Saints by 3 courtesy of a controversial call -- are the type of tough team that wins in the playoffs and are a better team now than they were when the Panthers played them. I don't really want to see either, but I know which I'd choose between the two in a home game.

Hey I'm pulling for the Cowboys to win the next two weeks, as well as whoever comes out of the NFC North. The Cowboys have about a 5% chance of beating the Panthers in North Carolina. I can't even imagine the beatdown that our front seven would put on Orton if it came to that. If they tried to pound the ball out on the ground, they have a bigger issue in that our rush defense is absurd.

Too bad there's like no chance the Cowboys or Bears win in even the first round. Might be good to have Philly and GB w/ Rodgers in because they are at least capable of beating the Saints, Cardinals or Niners.

Not that winning in ATL is a foregone conclusion. If we were to slip up it'll be all about rooting for the Cowboys and/or Bears later in the day

Last edited:
Bottom line is the NFC is stacked. Wish we were about to get the two seed in the AFC, only downside there is that we have to make a trip to Denver to get to the Super Bowl.

I don't like the Panthers' chances against the Broncos whenever we would play them. At least if we do get a shot, we've made the Super Bowl.

Bottom line is the NFC is stacked. Wish we were about to get the two seed in the AFC, only downside there is that we have to make a trip to Denver to get to the Super Bowl.

I don't like the Panthers' chances against the Broncos whenever we would play them. At least if we do get a shot, we've made the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning outside in the winter? I'll take that chance.

The Saints and Iggles are the absolute worst teams to match up with MY PANTHERS. Those offenses are like kryptonite to our D.

For me it's a win-win. Orton leads the Cowboys to victory and you might start to see the beginnings of a qb controversy- which would be hilarious. On the other hand, I'm always happy with a Cowboys loss.

There will not be a controversy. You are making yourself look delusional.

Only happened for a quarter though. 6 points in the first half when there was really no weather whatsoever.

GB's O with Rodgers healthy makes me a lot more worried than NO's -- better run game, better weapons on the outside and probably a better QB. I'll say those two are a toss up though because NO's D is a lot better (though Rodgers will take pressure off GB's D too)

Rodgers isn't as scary coming off that injury and 2 months off, IMO

Yeah Kitna is a good dude.

Hey I'm pulling for the Cowboys to win the next two weeks, as well as whoever comes out of the NFC North. The Cowboys have about a 5% chance of beating the Panthers in North Carolina. I can't even imagine the beatdown that our front seven would put on Orton if it came to that. If they tried to pound the ball out on the ground, they have a bigger issue in that our rush defense is absurd.

Where do you pull these statistical % chances from?

There will not be a controversy. You are making yourself look delusional.

Notice I said "might". I don't think it's gonna happen but if Orton has a series of great games and does what Romo can't, come up big in big games (ie, not games against the Redskins), I think he might turn some heads. Jerry has too much invested in Romo to move away from him, but that does not mean there can't still be a controversy.

Notice I said "might". I don't think it's gonna happen but if Orton has a series of great games and does what Romo can't, come up big in big games (ie, not games against the Redskins), I think he might turn some heads. Jerry has too much invested in Romo to move away from him, but that does not mean there can't still be a controversy.

We won't get any further this year than we have in any game during Romo's "era" here, IE the divisional round. Romo has won a wild card game before too.

We wouldn't have won in the divisional round even if Romo was quarterback still, IMO.

And as someone stated earlier. It is not a sure fire slam dunk that the panthers win @ ATL. Their offense can at least move the ball now that Roddy White is healthy.

What are you talking about?

Tony Romo threw three interceptions -- matching his total from the last eight games combined. A poor throw was picked by Rob Jackson when the Cowboys had a chance to drive for a winning score in the final minutes.

Lucky for Tony he atoned for that with the game winning drive last week. The dude is nothing if not CLUTCH.

Really no team is overly impressive at the moment. New England is without Wilfork, Gronk and Solder (though Solder should be back by mid Jan). 'enver has no D and just lost Miller for the season. KC is 2-4 in its last 6 games. Indy ain't going to no SB without Wayne. Cincy ain't gonna go as long as Dalton is their QB. Gotta conclude 'enver is the AFC rep unless the Jan weather in Denver is 20 degrees with 30 mph winds. Don't see them beating a good NFC D though. And none of the AFC teams vying for the 6 spot remotely deserve to be in the playoffs. They should just give Cincy a 3rd bye.

Seattle is without Harvin and hasn't moved the ball well the last few weeks. The NFCN & NFCE blow and will likely lose their home playoff games. SF was fortunate to beat lowly Atlanta with the lucky Bowman pick. NO is playing lousy on the road. Carolina is probably the only playoff team playing its best ball of the season right now. I think Carolina and maybe SF are the only teams with a shot at knocking off Seattle in Seattle. Good luck to all you Carolina fans out there. You've got a legit shot.

Football Outsiders odds to win the Super Bowl after Week 16:

1. Seattle (24.3%)
2. Denver (20.3%)
3. Carolina (15.2%)
4. New England (14.2%)
5. Cincinnati (5.9%)
6. San Francisco (5.7%)
7. New Orleans (4.0%)
8. Philadelphia (4.0%)
9. Kansas City (2.9%)
10. Indianapolis (1.1%)

Everyone else is under one percent.

Interesting. The most likely scenario has Indy hosting KC. Indy just smoked KC at Arrowhead. Funny how KC has the better chance of winning the SB.

Back