• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL wildcards

Also, there hasn't been enough shitting on Washington in this thread. Is there any other organization in the NFL that could completely ruin someone as awesome as RG3 in one year?

Everybody stop talking about "well if RGIII was healthy..."

SEAHAWKS ROLL ON.

I'M DRUNK.

I HAVE TO GO. SOCCER GAME IN 20 MINUTES.

Also, there hasn't been enough shitting on Washington in this thread. Is there any other organization in the NFL that could completely ruin someone as awesome as RG3 in one year?

thoroughly overachieved all year. except when they got beat down by armanti edwards and the panthers.

Putting aside the long-term danger for RGIII, which is bad enough, but just in terms of this game, how could Shanahan not see what the rest of the world could see: that RGIII was nowhere near healthy enough to move the ball against a good defense. Not even close. Couldn't move in the pocket, couldn't roll out, couldn't plant his back foot so couldn't throw accurately, was no threat at all to run. We'd have had a much better chance with Cousins in the second quarter, certainly and clearly by the third.

Shanny says the doc (Andrews) cleared RG. Andrews says they didn't talk or examine him at all.

This was also said during the week. I think RG cleared himself and just wanted to play because it was the playoffs. Athletes do that from time to time when they feel there is not much more damage left to do and they will have to be operated on in the off season. No big deal based on the results of Adrian Peterson and medical science.

Totally agree with "RGIII needed rest" talk.

Very glad Seahawks won, but jesus christ, RGIII was not healthy. You have a very capable back-up in Cousins. If you play Cousins and lose, what do people say? "Oh well RGIII went out and Cousins couldn't compete against a good defense."

Now what do they say? "You're a fucking moron for not putting RGIII on the sidelines"

I just hate that all anyone is talking about is RGIII's knee rather than Seattle.

Whatever. Atlanta, you're next.

at least the rg3 drama has spiced up a pretty meh wild card round

Seattle is better than Washington anyway.

Quickly recovered after the first quarter. One the road. Shut them out the rest of the game and moved the football at will.

They deserved to win this game.

This was also said during the week. I think RG cleared himself and just wanted to play because it was the playoffs. Athletes do that from time to time when they feel there is not much more damage left to do and they will have to be operated on in the off season. No big deal based on the results of Adrian Peterson and medical science.

If he can get the "AD Special" cycle, he will come back 6'5" 250 in 16 weeks.

Cousins should have started the 2nd half even with 50% RGIII begging to play. A part of me wishes Lynch got in the endzone (no fumble) so Shanahan would have made the switch to Cousins sooner. Shanahan had no urgency to move the ball offensively/make a change to Cousins with a 1pt game when the SEA lead takeover was inevitable.

After seeing him limp around the field for a while, it was pretty evident he was not that effective. Shanny needed to make the switch sooner, not only from keeping RG3 healthy, but more so because Seattle's D is good enough that a 75% RG3 will be minimized. And they have Cousins, who is not Brady but he's a hell of a lot closer to him than to Joe Webb.

And I'm sure it'll come up a lot in DC media but Mike Rizzo's mismanagement of Strasburg was much worse than Shanahan's mismanagement of RGIII

Back